The day you left home forever!

unapalomablanca

I found this on another site ,

"FOR OUR EYES ONLY !!!!!!!!!!!

I was 17 (just) ,It was 31st Oct, 1967: 22:30 I crept out of my bedroom window and slid down the porch to the floor.

I sprinted down the road and didn't stop until I was in the fields. I then slowed down and continued at walking pace listening intently for any/everything eventually arriving at the arranged point to meet my girlfriend (age then 15), after waiting for 45 minutes in the dry but cold, she appeared out of the doom (anyone who knows staircase lane, CV, will know !!!). We then considered our options , the money we had between us (do'nt ask), meant we could escape to the coast. We walked to the station, and bought single tickets to London, and got on the first train, we then talked for the next 2 hours about exactly what we intended to do next !, head south !,

after arriving in London we went south of the river and got on a train to Bournemouth, (why,?, it sounded nice)

on arrival we walked around until we found a b&b that would accept us, (no luggage !), we then went to the shops and bought a suitcase, we didn't want to raise suspicion , we stayed there for 2 weeks until we found a a room to let (a summer s/c room, cheap, in the winter). We moved in , I then went out looking for work !, I found a job that day in a garage as a paint sprayer/ car finisher. we stayed there in Bournemouth undetected for 3+ months moving a couple of time ending up in 2 rooms bed and kitchen/living room, until the inevitable happened (V) started feeling sick in the mornongs :-0. We decided that the heat was getting too close and time to come clean with parents, I'd already bought a car (1950 Standard Vanguard Phase 1), so we blagged some cigs,chocs & fizzy drinks from out local shop to keep us going and headed north to the new address of my g/f's parents (they'd moved since we left). 300 miles later we got to the g/f's parents new house

the next 44 years could be in the next installment....................."

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1984 aged 21 got married and moved in with wife no1. 1991 moved out and moved in with girlfriend (to be wife no.2) the same day. Hadn't needed to survive on my own until I moved to India last September. Found it hard having to survive on pot noodles and microwaveable food like a student aged 48. :blush:

At the age of 20 i left home to move into the nurses accomadation at my local hospital. Being one of two blokes living with twenty women was one of the best times of my life. Stayed there for two years and recieved one hell of an education.

Only twenty? There were 50 girls In mine! (I must admit there were a few more of us blokes as well, but at least a couple weren't interested in the laydeez. :hmm: )

Left home on day I got married - was 28 and was biggest shock of my life - it seems £3 a week was not enough to pay rent and buy food that I gave my mom every week -- Never had a decent night's sleep since that day and it wasn't because of SWMBO. :yp:

Dave