Park Lodge MONDAY 2nd Jan

100milesaway

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well good luck to all the "Vaseline" boys and Siberian Tiger for tomorrow at Park Lodge. Think you should shoot a round of sporting and finish off on the Skeet just for Timps :lol: .

I'll be at Orston trying to start 2012 off as I did last year, never dropped out of the 80's for the first 5 months but then imploded.

So to all Pigeon Watchers (including the ones I've not always seen eye to eye with) hope you shoot safely and exceed your expectations in 2012, don't get distracted by the Olympics it holds no relevance to us mere mortals.

Hope there is a PW Charity shoot again this year and if so we've got to wipe the grin off the southerners faces and raise some serious cash for charridee.

All the very best for 2012

MR POTTER

Well good luck to all the "Vaseline" boys and Siberian Tiger for tomorrow at Park Lodge. Think you should shoot a round of sporting and finish off on the Skeet just for Timps :lol: .

I'll be at Orston trying to start 2012 off as I did last year, never dropped out of the 80's for the first 5 months but then imploded.

So to all Pigeon Watchers (including the ones I've not always seen eye to eye with) hope you shoot safely and exceed your expectations in 2012, don't get distracted by the Olympics it holds no relevance to us mere mortals.

Hope there is a PW Charity shoot again this year and if so we've got to wipe the grin off the southerners faces and raise some serious cash for charridee.

All the very best for 2012

MR POTTER

Stop making stupid, irrelevant posts, Potter :sly:

Bring yer Semi (Oooer Missus) please :good:

Ok I shall bring my semi just for you :o

Think you should shoot a round of sporting and finish off on the Skeet just for Timps :lol: .

I used to like you Potter all I can say is get a grip !!!!!!!!!!

:P

We're ok for tomorrow's, however, I may need a lift back if the person coming with me doesn't win a round of skeet :;):

Hope Timps is on top skeet form :)

Your name is also going in zeeeee book :sly:

Absolutely fantastic day at Park Lodge today with a bit of a mini PW meet up.

It’s the first time I have been there and it will not be the last, some really good targets on offer, we shot 100 sporting, 25 ******* skeet and 25 ABT.

To say my hangover from the last 2 days of festivities was haunting me is a bit of an understatement.

Chard took the high gun in the sporting with me 2nd and that bloke we don’t speak too 3rd, cannot remember the scores or the order of the others as I was suffering.

Then the most unthinkable thing in the world happened, I took high gun at ******* skeet with my auto. :hmm:

I cannot remember the scores for ABT, what I do remember is the laughing my head off at some idiot shooting subsonic carts at ABT. It went something like this pop pop cock...... pop pop ****!... pop pop cornholing bellend...... etc etc..... the wet blanket sound and swearing was one of the funniest things I have ever heard. :lol:

A good day with chard, canthitathing, Siberian tiger + guest & 100 miles away

:good:

Yes, great day out in great company.

Very testing course, with some fantastic high birds off some very high towers :o

Scores on the doors :

Chard - 70 El Magnifico :P

Timps - 66 :sly: Reckons he was hungover :hmm:

Canthitathing - 65 :sly:

100milesaway (Aunty) - 51 :good:

Gareth - 49 :good: Nice to meet you chap.

Siberian Tiger - 36 :good: Think the cold was getting the better of you there....

Very pleased that I shot the high stuff well, as I always used to be good on rangey or high stuff and seemed to go off the boil in the last year.... :hmm:

We also had a bit of a knockabout at Skeet and ABT. I used up a load of fibre wad floor sweepings on this, including a box and a half of Extra Low Recoil fibre wad Subsonic things. **** off! <_< I swear there were no pellets in those ******* things :lol:

Cashmere sweater +thermals+ boots+thick socks+ lined shooting weatherproof jacket+ gloves and i was frozen, think I'm turning into a wimp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What a rubbish score51 on sporting about 17/18 on the skeet and ABT, :blush: :blink: not a pretty sight but still enjoyed the craick and the company.Here's to the next one.I do seem to be suffering with a lack of stamina to my muscles in extreems of heat/cold, right thats me in training with heavy weights. from Auntie. :good:

A bloody good morning / afternoon with top company (well mostly :D ) on some really testing high tower stuff. Should've shot a lot better really with it being my local :hmm:, but I blame it on there not being enough left handed stands :blink: *excuse No.1

The skeet was a car crash, however, (here comes excuse No.2) I was using Timps semi-auto for the first time and did sustain serious finger injuries loading the cartridges :lol: . There's a claim on it's way Craig :P

The ABT started really well, wobbled in the middle and ended with me shooting like a blind man firing blanks :oops: The highight of this dismal stand was Chards poof! poof! cartridges, each report followed by an obscenity of some sort :lol:

Nice to shoot with Auntie again, and nice to see (not really but you have to be nice :P )Siberian Tiger. I think the rangey stuff was a bit much for her toy gun, but at least you're using grown up cartridges now eh! :lol: Nice to meet her better half Gareth as well who I thought shot better than his score suggests :hmm:

All in all a good giggle, much as I expected it to be :good:

Also bumped into PaulT. Nice to see you again fella :good:

Yes, great day out in great company.

Very testing course, with some fantastic high birds off some very high towers :o

Scores on the doors :

Chard - 70 El Magnifico :P

Timps - 66 :sly: Reckons he was hungover :hmm:

Canthitathing - 65 :sly:

100milesaway (Aunty) - 51 :good:

Gareth - 49 :good: Nice to meet you chap.

Siberian Tiger - 36 :good: Think the cold was getting the better of you there....

Very pleased that I shot the high stuff well, as I always used to be good on rangey or high stuff and seemed to go off the boil in the last year.... :hmm:

We also had a bit of a knockabout at Skeet and ABT. I used up a load of fibre wad floor sweepings on this, including a box and a half of Extra Low Recoil fibre wad Subsonic things. **** off! <_< I swear there were no pellets in those ******* things :lol:

B class scores i see :P

Only joking nice to see you back on form old chap :good:

The skeet was a car crash, however, (here comes excuse No.2) I was using Timps semi-auto for the first time and did sustain serious finger injuries loading the cartridges :lol: . There's a claim on it's way Craig :P

It bit me a few times on the skeet layout as well, no problem about the claim, just send it to my claims department manager Chard, I am sure you will get a prompt and courteous response. :lol:

Evening fellow Vaselinees, sounds like you had a good time today but had I been there I would have insisted on IOC standard drug testing following Timps shock win at skeet :hmm::hmm::hmm:

As for Chard using sub-sonic fibres at ABT, well I have heard that it can be done but because they are so slow the trick is to actually fire the shot BEFORE calling pull.

Anyhoo, as planned, I set off for Orston this morning with the idea of shooting that and doing Kegworth on the way back. Well that didn't happen :o :o We arrived at Orston about 11am to be greeted by some mates who promptly informed us that we should be prepared for a long wait!! It seemed that the competition was squadded and if we booked on now we would have at least a 90 min. wait to start shooting. Quick re-assessment and we decided to have a breakfast and go onto Kegworth, that wasn't on either as we were told there was a wait of an hour for breakfasts :o :o at that point we gave up and left for Keggy stopping on the way for something to eat.

Kegworth was packed out as well, at close of play they were 2 or 3 short of 200 entries and as has been the norm lately the targets were very good, tough but fair and only one stand throwing a bird directly into the sun :angry: Did manage to get into the eighties with an 81 but didn't feel I'd shot particularly well. But at least I handed my card in there were some gaps on the scoreboard including at least one well known PW regular :P:P:P

Well that's the long break over, roll on Easter

Potter Esq.

Edited by Mr Potter

As for Chard using sub-sonic fibres at ABT, well I have heard that it can be done but because they are so slow the trick is to actually fire the shot BEFORE calling pull.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: They're not very quick are they?

Weird cartridges. I can't understand what they could possibly be used for.

Well shot at Kegworth Potter. Are you saying that one of our very own "forgot" to hand a card in? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: They're not very quick are they?

Weird cartridges. I can't understand what they could possibly be used for.

Well shot at Kegworth Potter. Are you saying that one of our very own "forgot" to hand a card in? :lol:

Unbelievable I know but true, loyalty forbids me from naming names but I can be bribed!!

Potter

Evening fellow Vaselinees, sounds like you had a good time today but had I been there I would have insisted on IOC standard drug testing following Timps shock win at skeet :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Anyhoo, as planned, I set off for Orston this morning with the idea of shooting that and doing Kegworth on the way back. Well that didn't happen :o :o We arrived at Orston about 11am to be greeted by some mates who promptly informed us that we should be prepared for a long wait!! It seemed that the competition was squadded and if we booked on now we would have at least a 90 min. wait to start shooting. Quick re-assessment and we decided to have a breakfast and go onto Kegworth, that wasn't on either as we were told there was a wait of an hour for breakfasts :o :o at that point we gave up and left for Keggy stopping on the way for something to eat.

Kegworth was packed out as well, at close of play they were 2 or 3 short of 200 entries and as has been the norm lately the targets were very good, tough but fair and only one stand throwing a bird directly into the sun :angry: Did manage to get into the eighties with an 81 but didn't feel I'd shot particularly well. But at least I handed my card in there were some gaps on the scoreboard including at least one well known PW regular :P:P:P

Well that's the long break over, roll on Easter

Potter Esq.

I never saw the Student there today :sly:

Yes I am that 'Beggar' and my card is somewhere in the car park because after adding up my card at the end of the shoot i'd been marked 5 targets light of what i'd actually scored,which is a record for me :good: :good:

My own fault I suppose for not checking when I walked out of the stand,but for it to happen on 3 stands was a bit much for me,hence the teddy throwing :angry:

Azzurri.

Yes I am that 'Beggar' and my card is somewhere in the car park because after adding up my card at the end of the shoot i'd been marked 5 targets light of what i'd actually scored,which is a record for me :good: :good:

My own fault I suppose for not checking when I walked out of the stand,but for it to happen on 3 stands was a bit much for me,hence the teddy throwing :angry:

Azzurri.

I heard littering is a serious offence in Leicestershire :P

Azzurri.

Don't tell the others but I think I got one of your missing kills on my card. Incoming looper, clean miss and the ref pipes up "Not sure if a nick didn't come off that so I'll give you a kill" To my eternal shame I didn't contradict him :o :hmm: :o

Potter