need new gun help cant decide at all!!

elmar fudd

Either make will be good but I have to say I prefer Beretta. I have a 686E O/U and a Browning Fusion Gold S/A which I use for pigeons. The Beretta was bought new and shoots beautifully. When I bought it they were offering a ten year guarantee which I only found out about when I decided to have it so it didn't sway me.

I took it out once pigeon shooting and it got wet. Took me 2 days to dry the fore-end out slowly enough to get it back on. I decided to get a cheap S/H semi auto for general use and found the Browning at a local gun shop. Not looked back since. I will take the Beretta pigeon shooting but only when it's dry as I bought it new.

Both are good guns with good backup available. It all depends which one suits you best. You need to try both and decide from there.

I took it out once pigeon shooting and it got wet. Took me 2 days to dry the fore-end out slowly enough to get it back on. I decided to get a cheap S/H semi auto for general use and found the Browning at a local gun shop. Not looked back since. I will take the Beretta pigeon shooting but only when it's dry as I bought it new.

Thats terrible, I have had several good soakings while out shooting (the other day was a fine example) a gun your worried to use in the rain ??? might as well sit behind your chocolate fire guard and just polish it......

Browning vs Beretta

Honda vs Alfa Romeo

All I will say is if you buy either don't be one of these that won't let it get wet or knocked about because your shooting will suffer even greater if your constantly worried about marking it etc, because knocking it about is inevitable there not made to be kept in bubble wrap. If it was a 2-3k+ jobby I can understand which is why there best suited to clays or such alike not field use

Not saying you will be like it just think to yourself would you mind if you dinged the wood or scratched the barrel, if the answer to that is yes you need to get something cheaper that you won't worry about

Edited by M.I.A

The reality is that they are unlikely to be the same stock measurements unless one has been altered from its manufactured dimensions.hence its probable that one will actually fit you better than the other! If you intend to have the gun fitted it becomes an irelevant point and simply becomes a matter of personal choice. Both will retain value and should be good for many years use.

If they both fit :hmm: then toss a coin or buy the cheapest, it can be argued all day about performance and reliability and resale values etc, and still there will be no agreement.

Beretta and Browning are usually made to a slightly different fit pattern with Beretta being shorter, are they both standard?

It's the old brown sauce vs ketchup argument - they're both as good as each other....although the Browning will guarantee success with clays, gamebirds and women while making other men look at you with a new found respect :yes:

Sorry mate ketchup every time :lol::lol:

PS I prefer Brownings too

As said many times either will hold its price buy the one you shoot best with. If you shoot well with both then you have a problem. :yp: :yp:

Myself I think beretta's look sleeker than brownings but I prefer to shoot brownings never got on with beretta

Good luck

Sodit

The reason it is impossible to say is because you can sit two berettas / brownings that came off the production line next to each other and they can both balance and shoot completely differently due to wood density and barell weight.

People can say x is better than y all day long- they are both fine, decently made mid range guns that chances are will never let you down. Never have more than 1 gun unless you have very good reason/need to. Chose the one that gives you the results- there is only one person who can answer that, an it's not us! Put some lead up and enjoy!

Having owned two Brownings and now own a Beretta. The clincher for me was i didnt have my gun with me so borrowed the 682 gold e , the Beretta felt nicer to shoot and fit me better so i hit more with it, i tried a few of my mates Berettas,also liked the handling of the 682 gold e so sold the Browning Cynergy and bought said Beretta the first thing I noticed is the Brownings are better finished off the barrels have a deeper finish and the wood tends to be higher grade. Berettas seem slimmer in the action and the hands, Browning feel more chunky but it depends also on the model and barrels on the guns. Hope I give a unbiased veiw as I like both makes just one fits me better and suits my style of shooting more so that's the gun I have.Value for money wise you can't go wrong whichever you choose.

ATB figgy

Same here, owned browning, miruko and beretta in the end I switched over to beretta's, at the end of the day its what you are most comfortouble with and how it suits you.

When I was searching for my gun, one dealer I spoke to said that the Browings were slightly more susceptible to rusting than the Berettas. This was seconded by another, independent dealer.

The second chap did qualify that though by saying as long as you wiped the Browning down with an oily rag after each shoot it would never be a problem. The trouble would arise if you got home from a shoot and had some kind of emergency to attend to, put the gun away without wiping it over and went back to it several days later. Apparently the Berettas are more forgiving in this area.

i would buy the 686.(older the better)

when you say fits well ,does the bead / sight line up with your eye?

check it out with a gun thats known to be empty.

mounting and fitting into the shoulder is onething, shooting where you look is different.

i have a safe full of guns ,which doesnt help my shooting.

if you only use one gun you will improve.

or you could buy both and double your troubles :lol:

cheers scott