What MEC reloading press is this?

Guest cookoff013

I just bought a new 20 gauge 650 and now it's set up I'm really enjoying using it so thinking of getting its bigger brother. I'll probably sell my 12gauge Texan FW single stage machine to push the issue. I'm getting about 250 shells per hour at a very relaxed pace.

I take it you are totally sold on the progressive? Its great, you dictate the pace and 300 an hour is more than enough for a guy or a couple of guys a week to shoot. With the sheer volumes shot today, progressive is an option.

Those cartridges look very good! I can't even get my old mec set up right.

Is it 12gauge? Buy the long thread punch for it.

Those cartridges look very good! I can't even get my old mec set up right.

Mat!

I was dreading setting the thing up, after hearing lots of people giving up! I found it quite easy to sort! Backed off the first stage depth and adjusted the cam to close the hole in the centre! Went a bit far and got swirling so backed off. Then when I got.a good closure I just gave it a bit more depth!

Then the final needed a bit of adjustment as that was too deep also. The last just adds a nice rounded radius to help.with feed in semi autos

I just bought a new 20 gauge 650 and now it's set up I'm really enjoying using it so thinking of getting its bigger brother. I'll probably sell my 12gauge Texan FW single stage machine to push the issue. I'm getting about 250 shells per hour at a very relaxed pace.

250 an hour is a nice rate! Rush it and you often make mistakes! A slab an hour is a good days pigeon shooting :yes:

I had to drill my primer pad out and fettle the rod to match! I was going to drill the carrier too, but it's only £12 for a new one then about £14 postage!

I am going to convert my Loft into a workshop and then I want to modify my Bowman reloader to give it a PROPPER crimp starter!

I am going to fit a 6x3 bench and have the 2 mecs on the front and the lee and bowman on the sides! Shelf off the underside and put doors on for the components.

Should keep me busy!

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

This person has it seriously wrong he is putting too much shot in the shell and his crimp stations are not set up also the final station is not a sizer it to set the crimp depth and also put a slight taper on the shell. HIs loads look totally rubbish and are probably way off the mark yet he goes on about not straying off load data.

This person has it seriously wrong he is putting too much shot in the shell and his crimp stations are not set up also the final station is not a sizer it to set the crimp depth and also put a slight taper on the shell. HIs loads look totally rubbish and are probably way off the mark yet he goes on about not straying off load data.

Yes but he has had 10 months to get it right since then :)

I found thru much brushing/weeping/ swearing that it was easier to uncouple the auto powder shot drop, it only takes a second to push/pull and you are more in charge.

Apart from not resizing they can and do work and turn out a nice cartridge.

Have a . Ponsness/warren in 12 guage that can go if anyone interested?

Happy reloaders are we

• 1 month later...

I found thru much brushing/weeping/ swearing that it was easier to uncouple the auto powder shot drop, it only takes a second to push/pull and you are more in charge.

Apart from not resizing they can and do work and turn out a nice cartridge.

Have a . Ponsness/warren in 12 guage that can go if anyone interested?

Happy reloaders are we

Which model? What are you asking for it?