FAVOURITE COMEDIAN/S

smig4373

I dont see the attraction of Frankie Boyle

Total Knobhead

Im still in the Billy connely/Peter Kay camp

Dave Allen was funny too

Acting comedians are a different kettle of fish,

:shaun:

Boyle over cooked it on his last (perhaps ever) series. I must admit that I was dissapointed with it but there were still moments of hilarity. The time machine! :lol:

Boyle over cooked it on his last (perhaps ever) series. I must admit that I was dissapointed with it but there were still moments of hilarity. The time machine! :lol:

Read his books, you'll see he was still holding back with Tramdol Nights! He truly believes there should be no limits to what can be laughed at, and his arguments against his critics are compelling to say the least!

Although I do think he is still a very disturbed individual.

Most people think I m weird cos I don't like Lee Evans! I just find him too slapstick

I love Michael MacIntyre, Jack Dee, the Inbetweeners is the funniest thing in years (especially the movie)

I loved Benidorm for the first 2 series and will probably watch the new one next month but not as good

All comedians seem to peak in their careers, then they seem to churn out the same stuff until the public fall out of love with them.

I have been to see Billy Connolly and Peter Kaye, loved them at the time but now it's all the same type of format.

There isn't any current comedian that I would pay to see or make the effort to go to see live.

The Cornish master jethro

:stupid:

Very funney guy but to get best out of his jokes is does help if you have lived in the South West and seen it actually happen

I prefer the golden oldies.

The two ronnies, Morcombe and Wise, **** Emery, Tommy Cooper.

Modern era "comedians" seem to only get their laughs by filling the venue with a torrent of bad language and vulgarity.

:stupid:

Totally agree

Sodit :ernyha:

What say you????

I think we're between comedy revivals at the moment. The new wave 'alternative' set are close to drawing their pension (or would be if the age limit didn't keep going up), and there's not much new at the moment with quality.

It was quite amazing to see the M&W routine with Shirley Bassey on prime-time BBC three times over Christmas. Don't get me wrong; it's great entertainment but surely something in the last 30 years has been done which stands comparison?

There are some great suggestions above; but I'd take issue with a couple.

John Bishop? The comedy equivalent of beige. There used to be a liverpudlian comedian of that quality or better in every pub and club in the North West in the ‘70s. Nice enough chap; but not for me.

Frankie Boyle. Like marmite, you love him or hate him. I like comedy which pushes boundaries; but he wouldn’t know a boundary of you hit him over the head with it. As funny as TB in my opinion; others have a perfect right to disagree.

I'm really struggling to offer a constructive suggestion

Heard that somewhere before then? ;)

Remarkable. Thanks for pointing that out - I honestly thought I'd made that expression up myself; it's a way I've often described the anodyne.

There's nothing new under the sun. (I know I've plagarised that!)

Edited by DNS

Remarkable. Thanks for pointing that out - I honestly thought I'd made that expression up myself; it's a way I've often described the anodyne.

There's nothing new under the sun. (I know I've plagarised that!)

I don't think anyone makes anything up really do they?

Nothing new under the sun and all that. Oops..... :blush: