Radios

ayano3

Hi guys (and girls) does any of you suggest a set of 2 two way radios for occasional use. I am sure this topic has been covered before but I would like your opinions. You can get a cheap set from Argos but if they are not good it would be a waste of money. We are looking for some just to keep in touch with beaters or if Pigeon Shooting in separate hides in the same field etc. I dont want to spend lots but I am sure theres something out there that fits the bill on a sensible budget. Your opinions please.

Thanks

Hi guys (and girls) does any of you suggest a set of 2 two way radios for occasional use. I am sure this topic has been covered before but I would like your opinions. You can get a cheap set from Argos but if they are not good it would be a waste of money. We are looking for some just to keep in touch with beaters or if Pigeon Shooting in separate hides in the same field etc. I dont want to spend lots but I am sure theres something out there that fits the bill on a sensible budget. Your opinions please.

Thanks

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/193279-2-way-radios/page__p__1646755__fromsearch__1#entry1646755

Modern technology???? They had 2 way radios in the war! How old are they! I got some binatone ones from aldi? Great for the price just be aware you will pick up cabs motor cycle instructors ( turn left at the junction..."no no I meant right right right" ) :)

Edited by HDAV

Modern technology???? They had 2 way radios in the war! How old are they! I got some binatone ones from aldi? Great for the price

I also have some of these, often use them when stalking or laying up if we split up. Cheap, go for ages on one charge and the range seems pretty good too. There are some pretty bad PMR radios out there but all the Binatone or BT ones I've used have been very good.

If you are after PMR's that are better quality than the Argos jobs but don't want to go to the pro level Icom's & Motorola's take a look at the Intek PMR's.

The 3030's come as a pair for £70 ish or the higher spec 5050 comes in at £70 each.

The 5050's can be modified to 4 watts output (against the law), scramble transmissions and/or add many extra channels if that is what you are after.

I use the 5050's for green laning, shooting etc and they are very effective.

There is plenty of info to be found here:-

http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/2_way_radios.htm

Rich

I've just ordered a pair of new cobra mt 975's from that auction site for £16.44 Delivered...!

Somewhere in the description it mentioned A1 decoys...! All other ones from their site are £40+ so either they have made a buy it now mistake or I have miss understood the description, but I read it as brand new etc. bargain.

Can't give any advise on there performance but the few reviews I've read they look promising, and at that price, worth a punt.

there are 5 of us that use cobra mt975 walkie talkies when we are out wildfowling. they are much handier than a mobile for letting the other person know that there is birds coming from behind him or waiting till he has got his jacket off and his waders half off in the wind and rain about to take a wizz and then telling him there is birds coming towards him :lol: :lol: :lol:. its good too just for the crack when sitting apart waiting for birds to come.