English Sporting Open 2012

P~MX

The new owners have been in place down there now for over a year, they are starting to turn things around, and as a result entries are picking up again.

I had heard that they weren't looking to run any majors for a couple of years, so I presume they've had a change of heart on that one?

One of the main problems with Southdown is its location, it's too far South for many people, and that's one reason why a ground such as Hodnet will always attract a lot more entries because it's virtually smack bang in the middle of England, the "proper" bit of which finishes around Manchester, so Southdown will always have a problem getting the entries, now matter how good the layout is. :yes:

If they've got the good sense to use the "Valley" layout and publicise that fact well in advance, they should get a reasonable entry, which is good because they have put the effort in and invested a lot more money in the ground.

As for the British at Llandegla, well I've only shot it once, at one of Dave Hughes last FITASC shoots there, a stunning ground, provided one factor is on your side, and that's the weather. The ground is way up in the hills, so if you get low cloud and rain, it could turn into a fiasco, again I hope not, as apparently the new owner has also invested loads of his own dosh into improving the ground.

Cat.

Edited by Catamong