Powis Castle - Cracking Driven Day

Duffryn

In the right pegs at the right time on this day ! Several missed opportunties - my shooting seems to have got worse the more I shoot. I've started pointing the gun rather than

swinging which I must sort out. Took a low (easy) bird on the 3rd drive as well which I am really annoyed about. Anyway hope you enjoy !

just got in from having to work :rolleyes: realy enjoyed that as always, you are going to do some Pigeon shooting out of season to keep us going I hope? Maybe even dog training, you have a cracker in Rob.

atvb Paul.

Cheers Paul - I videod some dog training videos with the guy that sold me Rob. Here is the link to his channel http://www.youtube.com/user/ShropshireGundogs. I'm gutted the season is comming to an end. Need to find some Pigeon ground / permissions and I'll do my best !

Very nice again. I've really enjoyed your season. Thanks for sharing it with us. Are you and Rob going beating on beater's day?

Cheers. Yes doing beaters day Feb 1st - I'll try and get some video in as well

A good entertaining video as usual. :good:

I can sympathise over the few birds you missed, but it doesn't help when you have somebody standing behind you chatting, as happened on the first drive.

I still think your dog is the star of the show. :yes:

Your not wrong.

I shot last week on Exmoor, had a picker up right up My chuff chatting away - what a mare, I could not get My act together.

I love the videos - Im shouting over and forward at the screen :good:

Thanks for sharing.

whats happening with the shoot at powis i have heard rumours its finished as a shoot

News to me !! Its been going for ages. They were full this year and taking bookings for next so it must just be rumours !!

What sort of camera set up have you got going there? Liam

Its called a go Pro Hero 2 - just sit on my forehead with a head strap

I'm always impressed by you restraint - verbally. I tend to be less polite when admonishing myself for missing. :sly:

I must admit to having to edit a few words out - especially when Rob the lab jumped on to my hand when going over the fence in the video

A good entertaining video as usual. :good:

I can sympathise over the few birds you missed, but it doesn't help when you have somebody standing behind you chatting, as happened on the first drive.

I still think your dog is the star of the show. :yes:

That was annoying ! I was tempted to give the gun to Rob (the lab) at one point - he would have done a better job.

I could not see much wrong with your shooting - and not only are you shooting, you also have a camera on your head and, in Rob, you are working an undoubtedly very good dog.

On top of that you are disarmingly critical about your shooting - sometimes a lowish bird should be called a confidence booster - we are all guilty of that crime if the wheels come off!

An amazing show of birds - the bag must have been mighty - and a great credit to Powis Castle so late in the season.

Generally here in Northern Ireland, driven shoots seem to have done well, showing terrific birds and quantities of them right through the season. I think I had my best day ever on 7 January both in terms of the quality of birds and of my marksmanship. Sadly, it did not last and normal service was resumed when I shot last Wednesday and Saturday.

I can but console myself that all will finally come consistently good in 2012/13 or 2013/14 or 2014/15 etc etc!

Congratulations on a superb video - what a contrast to those Americans mooching around in dayglo vests! Thanks a million......

I could not see much wrong with your shooting - and not only are you shooting, you also have a camera on your head and, in Rob, you are working an undoubtedly very good dog.

On top of that you are disarmingly critical about your shooting - sometimes a lowish bird should be called a confidence booster - we are all guilty of that crime if the wheels come off!

An amazing show of birds - the bag must have been mighty - and a great credit to Powis Castle so late in the season.

Generally here in Northern Ireland, driven shoots seem to have done well, showing terrific birds and quantities of them right through the season. I think I had my best day ever on 7 January both in terms of the quality of birds and of my marksmanship. Sadly, it did not last and normal service was resumed when I shot last Wednesday and Saturday.

I can but console myself that all will finally come consistently good in 2012/13 or 2013/14 or 2014/15 etc etc!

Congratulations on a superb video - what a contrast to those Americans mooching around in dayglo vests! Thanks a million......

Thanks for your kind comments - a real morale booster !!