Browning Maxus

sunnyd9809

I have a Maxus and I'm very happy with it. It mounts well, feels comfy to me, shoots where I point it, has cycled over 1000 carts so far without any mishaps, comes apart and cleans easy.

I have heard that some have heavy triggers but I must have a good one because mine, imho, is just fine.

If you are going to the shooting show then you will have the chance to try all the usual suspects so do just that and buy whatever you feel 'fits' you the best, whether Browning, Beretta or A.N.Other.

You won't go far wrong with either a Browning or Beretta semi.

On my second maxus,the first one broke a spring which in turn done some damage to the action,browning replaced it with a new gun.The gun has been faultless it is a joy to shoot,had it out today on clays,yes i find the trigger pull a tad heavy but nothing to be concerned about,you wont go far wrong with a maxus if you decide to buy one,the only advise i would give you is to buy new some of the early ones did have problems with weak springs which i found out to my peril,the new ones have had the little niggles sorted out.

Hi guys,

Does anyone own a Browning Maxus and if so are they as good as they are made out to be?? I'm thinking of buying one when i go the the British Gun Show in Nottingham next month but would like some advice if you have any.

Cheers,

Si

great gun,jad mine over a year now and theres nothing out there ide swop it for.had one or two jams,but only when using shells less than 70mm.cant blame the gun for that as it clearly states 70mm or over,speed load is great especially in a hide.i had a problem with a broken spring in the gas piston after about 500 shells but browning replaced the whole gas piston within 4 days.apart from that happy days.. :good:

personally didn't like it,didnt like the grip area and i thought it felt cheaper than an A400,just my view,weighed it up and bought a Beretta A400( but seeing as i don't suit brownings that not a surprise),i can't fault my A400.But TBH there isn't a bad New Auto out there,buy the one that feels the best and is the right price.

i had a play with one today , mounts well nice smooth action hardly feel the recoil even with those "punchy" kent velocitys , nice looking thing and the rib looks top notch nice wood furniture aswell

personly i dont think you could far wrong the gun myself :good:

Thanks lads, think i'll go with the majority...... Maxus it is. Bring on the gun show.... and hooters!!!! llf

Cheers guys.

sunnyd9809.

Can not argue with the other posts ....Maxus is a brilliant shotgun however... while at the show take a look at the Browning Fusion ...same speed loader and if bought secondhand half the price.