Doveridge today

Iggy

Hi all,

It was really nice to see some familiar and friendly faces at Doveridge today, and I was just wondering how we all finished up?

I finished up on a 68 which isn't tremendous but I'm reasonably happy. I must admit the first and last stands seemed to wreck it for me but the others didn't seem too bad (apart from the rabbit stand - what was I doing there :blink: ). I did catch one of the right to left crossers on the last stand but I think I was pointing my gun at Alton Towers at the time :lol:

What did we all think about the shoot overall?

Does anyone know who was high gun and the score?

Iggy.

I started off well, I was only one down after 5 stands :rolleyes:

Then I started getting sloppy and overleading easy stuff. I whacked some of the hardest stands :lol:

I thought I was headed for mid-high 80's but finished on 77 :oops:

I thought it was a good shoot, some tough stuff and some misleading stuff.

91 was winning when we left (late) and there were very few big scores. I think my crappy 77 was joint 28th or something, out of an entry in the 90s, so it wasn't a high-scoring comp :huh:

Other scores of PW chaps that I know about (I think) were :

Claybuster - 84

John Rogers - 76

Canthitathing - 73

IanE - 72

Timps - 70

Maxus - 62

Claybuster is normally good for a 90 so it wasn't an easy one.

Good to see NickyT doing a good job of reffing on one of the stands :good:

I suck at sporting as well as skeet now........... 7 in a row at the pool shoot is all I have to smile about today and I ****** that up on the last 3 as well........ Oh well, I was about 15 down after the first 3 stands, just not there today, good targets though, just no good today. :(

I started off well, I was only one down after 5 stands :rolleyes:

Then I started getting sloppy and overleading easy stuff. I whacked some of the hardest stands :lol:

I thought I was headed for mid-high 80's but finished on 77 :oops:

I thought it was a good shoot, some tough stuff and some misleading stuff.

91 was winning when we left (late) and there were very few big scores. I think my crappy 77 was joint 28th or something, out of an entry in the 90s, so it wasn't a high-scoring comp :huh:

Other scores of PW chaps that I know about (I think) were :

Claybuster - 84

John Rogers - 76

Canthitathing - 73

IanE - 72

Timps - 70

Maxus - 62

Claybuster is normally good for a 90 so it wasn't an easy one.

Good to see NickyT doing a good job of reffing on one of the stands :good:

I've never shot (in anger) at Doveridge so I was a bit unsure of what to expect. I knew it was Chard's bogey ground and was looking forward to some top class ******* and jeffing :D . I wasn't too unhappy with the way things went until I got to stand 10 and got 2!! :angry: .

Good laugh as usual although we did suffer a bit from trap breakdowns and it took an hour to shoot the first 2 stands :o . After that we breezed through until the very last stand which broke down just as we arrived :rolleyes: .

Chard started like a train and straighted everything, But Timps wasn't having a good day :no: and i thought we'd have to fish out his DT10 from the duck pond :lol::lol: Things changed on the second half of the course as Timps got it together (a bit) and Chard's wheels fell off :/ .

Good shoot all in all and a nice Danish pastry to finish with :D Well out of the prizes though :oops:

Nice to see Iggy and NickyT there as well :good:

Note to Mods......Since when is E.F.F.I.N.G. a naughty word requiring censoring :o Jeeezzz :hmm:

Edited by canthitathing

But Timps wasn't having a good day :no: and i thought we'd have to fish out his DT10 from the duck pond :lol::lol: Things changed on the second half of the course as Timps got it together (a bit) and Chard's wheels fell off :/ .

Nothing wrong with the DT10 so would not do that .....but I was going to throw myself in the duck pond but I would have missed..... Between chard and I we would have had a great day the ones he mucked up I did well and vice versa..... I was too deliberate earlier on, I loosened up as the day continued, so my day was snatching mediocrity from the jaws of ineptitude..... :(

Nothing wrong with the DT10 so would not do that .....but I was going to throw myself in the duck pond but I would have missed..... Between chard and I we would have had a great day the ones he mucked up I did well and vice versa..... I was too deliberate earlier on, I loosened up as the day continued, so my day was snatching mediocrity from the jaws of ineptitude..... :(

I was going to say that but I gave you more credit :D Not a mistake I'll make again :lol::lol::lol:

I was going to say that but I gave you more credit :D Not a mistake I'll make again :lol::lol::lol:

I have a beautiful DT10 waiting for me at Doveridge. All I need is for Northants Police to get my bloody SGC delivered and I can pick it up. I can't wait to get my hands on it and join some of you folks. Reading these posts makes me all the more eager.

Edited by BobSki

Following on from above, my SGC finally arrived Yesterday morning and I picked my new DT10 up from Matt and Hanna today. :D

It was bloody cold but not a breath of wind and I had a fantastic time, allbeit alone, shooting 50 clays. :D

Double EELL hope so then when you get bored i will give you a grand for it ;)

Live in hope and all that :lol:

Congratulations on your purchase nice choice :good:

Last time I saw it used it put lead,not lead,in the wrong direction,about 14 ft behind the clay... I'd say the 'Gun' was bent <_<

Azzurri

You will never understand reverse lead :lol: I could not keep a straight face when I was shooting that stand I might show you how to do it one day :lol: :lol: