2nd last day of the season

ollie

Despite the bad forecast for today, this morning turned out to be quite good. Myself and my mate decided to do a run we have only been on once this season; on that occasion we bagged 6 woodcock. Anyway we weren't long getting amongst the woodcock and over the next 3 hours we must have flushed approx 30 woodcock. I would say we didn't get a shot at half the birds as some of the cover is quite thick. We ended up shooting 5 birds each and my mates dog caught a bird, so 11 in total and we missed a couple of birds each.

Below is a picture of the final bag with my Springer Dawn. I hope to get out tomorrow before the season ends, however, if I don't get out this was certainly a good way to end the season :yes:

PICT0429.jpg

Well done mate, great bag for the day. Hope tomorrow is as good, very jealous.

Atb Paul

Pity you couldn't make it mate, was a great day and you would have got some shooting.

Cracking bag Ollie.Dawn looks lovely although a bit cold love her!LOL!

She is very tired in this pic and she certainly earned her dinner :good:

Great work - we saw I guess 8 to 10 today - most sadly unshootable and the final tally was one.

Never mind, woodcock are great to see and a modest harvest is good enough - we added 20 cock pheasants to the day plus a fair number of duck.

All over for another year, unless you head down to the Republic - I hsve shot plenty this year and it will do.

Thanks for your reports from the beautiful Glens.....

Great work - we saw I guess 8 to 10 today - most sadly unshootable and the final tally was one.

Never mind, woodcock are great to see and a modest harvest is good enough - we added 20 cock pheasants to the day plus a fair number of duck.

All over for another year, unless you head down to the Republic - I hsve shot plenty this year and it will do.

Thanks mate. I got out again today and between 2 of us we shot 4 Woodcock & 2 Snipe (sadly no pictures). I ended up with a personal tally of 26 for the season which is slightly below what I would normally shoot; however, I haven't got out as much this year.

Good shooting. Well done. :good:

When does the season end down South?