UFOs, big cats, ghosts, conspiracies, fairys at the bottom of the gard

Blunderbuss

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To fake men landing on the moon you would have to have all the astronauts lie and the people in mission control. Does anyone seriously think that the thousands of people involved in the moon landings could be kept quiet for all these years. Last but not least it was called the space race for a reason. Between the Russians and the Americans, do people think if the Americans did not land on the moon the Russians would have had something about it. Most conspiracy theorist's are full of **** as far as i am concerned. :rolleyes:

Edited by ordnance

To fake men landing on the moon you would have to have all the astronauts lie and the people in mission control. Does anyone seriously think that the thousands of people involved in the moon landings could be kept quiet for all these years. Last but not least it was called the space race for a reason. Between the Russians and the Americans, do people think if the Americans did not land on the moon the Russians would have had something about it. Most conspiracy theorist's are full of **** as far as i am concerned. :rolleyes:

There are millions of people around the world who dont believe the moon landings ,thousands of people kept quite yes

the americans have an official secrets act dont they, and as for the "space race " the russians where well ahead of

america when they discovered it could not be done :no:

Yep and the earth is flat and the second world war never happened, sheesh :(

And i bet you believe in father christmas :no: :no: :lol:

There are millions of people around the world who dont believe the moon landings ,thousands of people kept quite yes

the americans have an official secrets act dont they, and as for the "space race " the russians where well ahead of

america when they discovered it could not be done :no:

Millions of people believe in ghosts, the evil eye and father Christmas, the numbers are meaningless and their 'beliefs' are no more or less credible than fake moon landing conspiracists or flat earthers.

Whatever equivalent of the official secrets act the Americans have, there have been plenty of people jailed for breaking it over the years, most recently that clown who fed wikileaks. Most of the astronauts were decorated fighter pilots and patriotic men of integrity. Its a slur on their character to suggest they, their families, friends and colleagues have less backbone and moral fibre than pte bellend who gave secrets to creepy Swedish rapist bloke and would live a lie their whole lives because of some secrecy act.

Millions of people believe in ghosts, the evil eye and father Christmas, the numbers are meaningless and their 'beliefs' are no more or less credible than fake moon landing conspiracists or flat earthers.

Whatever equivalent of the official secrets act the Americans have, there have been plenty of people jailed for breaking it over the years, most recently that clown who fed wikileaks. Most of the astronauts were decorated fighter pilots and patriotic men of integrity. Its a slur on their character to suggest they, their families, friends and colleagues have less backbone and moral fibre than pte bellend who gave secrets to creepy Swedish rapist bloke and would live a lie their whole lives because of some secrecy act.

patriotic men of integrity didnt most of them become politicians ,and how come so many of there fellow patriotical

americans dont believe it happened

patriotic men of integrity didnt most of them become politicians ,and how come so many of there fellow patriotical

Hang on a minute, did I miss a meeting here? Faked moon landings? Jeez.

And I suppose fossils were laid by 'prankster' God to test our faith...?

;)

What about the decorated fighter pilots and astronauts who have seen UFOs, are they men of integrity too?

Yes they are, how does seeing something you can't explain raise questions about your integrity? However just because they couldn't provide an explaination doesn't mean there isn't one.

and how come so many of there fellow patriotical

They're probably the same ones who think the teaching of evolution should be banned and that the KKK were just a little misunderstood.

Mate I give up. If you fervently believed the world was a giant chocolate tea pot I couldn't convince you otherwise, so Im not going to waste any effort on your equally mental "theory". Fruitlooptastic :good:

Edited by Blunderbuss

So they have integrity but they are gullible.

Gullibility has nothing to do with it. UFO means unidentified flying object, not alien space craft.

Seeing something you can't explain is normal, automatically assuming they are alien craft with a fetish for anal probes is not normal.

I used to think shooters were (by and large) grounded, practical, down to earth people. Reading this forum recently has changed that view a little. Seems everyone is all too ready to believe in scary monsters, heebie jeebies and little green men ganging up with the CIA on the grassy knoll to brainwash and terrorise us all as part of some pangalactic masonic conspiracy.

I am I the only one who thinks the real world is interesting, scary and dangerous enough without inventing fairy stories?

Get a grip ***. I'm just saying...... ;):)

No you are not the only one but to clarify I do believe in UFOs, big cats and conspiracies.

UFOs, lots of 'em but due to alien visitation, me thinks not.

Big cats, **** loads in Africa, probably a few have escaped in the UK but in nothing like the numbers claimed. Strange how all these sightings are reported but no carcasses are ever found, perhaps only the immortal ones escape.

Biggest conspiracy of humankind relates to the creation of the various formal religions and look how many people actually believe there is a superior being, responsible for everything in the universe, who is interested in the actions of each and every one of us. No doubt there have been others but nothing so grand and every time **** goes down it can't seriously be due to conspiracy.

The late, great, Carl Sagan wrote an excellent book on these kind of beliefs called the Demon Haunted World.

In the US, not only do millions of people claim to have seen alien craft but over the years thousands claim to have been subject to alien abduction and described the experiments they were subjected to. It's a disease and there must be a number of triggers that lead to these kind of beliefs.

Cerberus...the multi-headed monster. Your choice of screen name gives you away, as does your recent appearance on the forum... multiple personalities, i.e. multiple screen names...who are you really Cerberus? Come out from behind your troll name...

Wow! this conspiracy theory thing is a doddle!

Then you can tell us about the mirror left on the moon by the Apollo chaps, the one that numerous agencies worldwide reflect lasers from every single day to calculate the changing distance between us.

Raja..bang on...

Gullibility has nothing to do with it. UFO means unidentified flying object, not alien space craft.

Seeing something you can't explain is normal, automatically assuming they are alien craft with a fetish for anal probes is not normal.

Bang on :lol: I think there might be a few probing victims on here.

Raja - when you put it like that, I 'believe' too. Not sure about organised religion being conspiracies though. I think they evolved as a means for people to explain the world they live in before Science started to do a better job of it.

Re the whole conspiracy thing, I read a theory about why some people are predisposed to believe them. A lot of people subconsciously find the fact that the real world has evolved out of random and often inexplicable, disconnected events too scary. The idea that terrorist attacks, war, natural disasters or financial meltdown can just happen due to bumbling foreign or fiscal policy decisions, incompetence, bad luck, violent nutters or plate tectonics is scary. It's all too random and makes them feel vulnerable. It's better to believe that some one or some thing is influencing and directing it all. Even a malign influence is preferable if it means there is an explaination for otherwise random and disconnected events. No matter how far fetched the theory, if it brings some order to the chaos and means it can be 'explained' it's somehow comforting. Just a theory, which might have its flaws but I think there might be something in it.

Having met and worked with people from a few government departments, most of them couldn't tie their own shoe laces or manage their stationary budgets. The idea that governments or even government departments could collaborate in complicated conspiracies is laughable.

Edited by Blunderbuss

Got no time for conspiracy theories unless they concern corruption or the embezzlement of tax-payers money by the previous Government, in which case they're probably only telling the half of it.

Don't know whether I believe in God. I'm inclined in favour of intelligent design but I don't believe in any religion. These are the inventions of Man to reinforce his sense of self-importance and strike me as narcissistic and far more political than spiritual. The Abrahamic religions seem to be exercises in terrifying people into doing as they're told. I agree with the late Peter Hitchens: what kind of loving God deliberately creates us sick and then commands us to be well on pain of damnation. There may very well be a God but I'll bet he/it bares no relation to the beings pesented by any of the world's religions.

Ghosts and ghouls, who knows. There are certainly 'ghostly' phenomena but it doesn't mean they're the souls of the dead any more than UFO's are full of green men. Never seen anything ghostly myself but I did have this experience this morning, make of it what you will:

I live alone in an ancient single bedroom former keepers cottage. This morning I opened the log burner to make it up (I keep it going 24 hours a day in winter). As I was leaning forward feeding logs a powerful smell became apparent in the room. It was a sweet, floral fragrance, unmistakably a woman's perfume, and so strong that I stood up thinking some one had entered the room. There is no substance in the house, no deodourant, polish, air-freshener etc that could have produced such an odour and I've stuck my nose in every cupboard and draw to check. I went upstairs to see if there was any smell up there. As I walked to the stairs the smell moved around with the air just as perfume does. There was nothing detectable upstairs, nothing in the kitchen or the bathroom and when I returned to the living room all trace of it had gone.

I've heard of this before, but never experienced it until now.

I can accept a rational explanation and I've turned the house upside-down trying to find one, but I can't. I've even blown my nose to make sure my nasal passages aren't playing tricks. I've sniffed the logs because seasoned wood can produce odd smells, I've opened the stove again to make sure it hadn't come from there, and I'm baffled. It proves nothing but I can't explain it either. Answers on a post card please.

What about the decorated fighter pilots and astronauts who have seen UFOs, are they men of integrity too?

UFO = Unidentified Flying Object. So - if a pilot doesn't know what it is but it is up in the air it is a UFO.

This not mean he/she thinks it is an interstellar alien people carrier - it means they have seen a UFO.

Where does integrity come in?

This satellite photo was released a few months back

504x_lunarlandingimage.jpg

The shadows on the craters are to the left of them. The highlights of the craters are to the right of them. Now look at the 'Lunar Module'. It defies the laws of physics. Clever people these Americans :rolleyes: