First Northern Ireland PW convention.

woodcock1

I saw somewhere that Mike (move, mount, shoot) Yard-ley was coming to Foymore for two days following the Moira show! He is taking classes of 4 persons (£600 and cheap at half the price :o) for coaching. It'd be nice to see himself or Stephen Marsden doing a round at the clays at Moira to see how they fair against the locals! :/

In fact I'm being facetious, I follow Mike's features in the magazines and really do rate his opinions very highly as I'm pretty sure most on this board do!!

Edited by skabo1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw somewhere that Mike (move, mount, shoot) Yard-ley was coming to Foymore for two days following the Moira show! He is taking classes of 4 persons (£600 and cheap at half the price :o) for coaching. It'd be nice to see himself or Stephen Marsden doing a round at the clays at Moira to see how they fair against the locals! :/

In fact I'm being facetious, I follow Mike's features in the magazines and really do rate his opinions very highly as I'm pretty sure most on this board do!!

Wouldnt bank on that <_<

:shaun:

Brilliant day at moira today! Lots of good stands and plenty of good shooters out! Looking forward to seeing all the pw boys there tomorrow!

Burnside cpc will be running the shoot again tomorrow with a 40 bird sporting shoot + pool trap £10 gains entry into both with prizes for the sporting as follows 1st £150, 2nd £100 and 3rd £50. Pool trap pays out twice during the day!

Fibre wad carts only ( available to buy on site if needed)

Forgot to mention basc have £150 payout for basc registered high gun

See u all there tomorrow!

Alan

Edited by padz83

crackin day with the usual array of overpriced gun stock on show....why dont our dealers realize sittin stock is just money tied up go to show and still lookin to much oh and even with what was priced the bit i find annoying is they put the sundries on show with no prices....whats the point....lol even small broonze brushes noprice on them.......rant over ...lol

crackin day with the usual array of overpriced gun stock on show....why dont our dealers realize sittin stock is just money tied up go to show and still lookin to much oh and even with what was priced the bit i find annoying is they put the sundries on show with no prices....whats the point....lol even small broonze brushes noprice on them.......rant over ...lol

Was it ever thus? They don't want to teach us, the buying public bad habits like expecting a discount :yp: BTW for those who didn't make the show P&O ferries are running a one day excursion to the Galloway Country Fair 18th & 19th August from Larne and back £25 all in, includes entry to the fair. That has to be good!! Drive from Bangor to Moira, pay the entry and the drive back and it would cost nearly as much! :o

http://www.drumlanrig.com/drumlanrig-castle-events/galloway-country-fair-2012

http://www.poferries.com/tourist/content/pages/template/routes_cairnryan_troon_-_larne_Day_trips_Galloway_country_fair_Galloway_Country_Fair.htm

Edited by skabo1

• 2 weeks later...

I took the family over on the Galloway trip 2 years ago and it was the biggest excuse for a country fair ever I've saw ! it was more like Nutts Corner markets with NO shootin stalls except one guy sellin pigeons decoys and he packed up and went home when he sold out. My mate went last summer and it was the same -- pants ! and he didn't even go and want the shootin, best thing was the Red Arrows shows and that only lasted 25 minutes - save your money people !

I took the family over on the Galloway trip 2 years ago and it was the biggest excuse for a country fair ever I've saw ! it was more like Nutts Corner markets with NO shootin stalls except one guy sellin pigeons decoys and he packed up and went home when he sold out. My mate went last summer and it was the same -- pants ! and he didn't even go and want the shootin, best thing was the Red Arrows shows and that only lasted 25 minutes - save your money people !

thanks for the nod pmx. maybe give that one a miss then

Phew!!! that was close, thanks for the info. :good: