TV Licence, I don't get it!!!

955i

Think of it this way; if you didn't pay the license fee the guffawing middle class Jemima's, Jocasta's & Tarquin's wouldn't have an utterly pointless, endlessly duplicated job sipping lattes and enjoying the subsided fayre that their in-house catering provides whilst discussing what color the new kitchen should be and where to find the best nursery for young Alisdair.

Then they might end up having to work with you!

At present I am watching American football on BBC1

I don't even like British football so why am I paying a licence fee for this **** to be on my TV????

..At least it's entertainment. Watch an episode of 'Pointless' and hopefully you'll see the American Football in a new light.

My son and most of his student mates don't have a TV licence and they don't have a TV. They get it all off the internet / downloads. Can anybody fill me in on how that works?

you need a tv licence if you have a laptop or pc as these can view tv programs so if the licence people catch you you will be fined

My son and most of his student mates don't have a TV licence and they don't have a TV. They get it all off the internet / downloads. Can anybody fill me in on how that works?

I believe the licence only applies to "live" broadcasts, if your watching the next day etc on the internet it`s a different matter and no licence is required.

It is fine as long as they don't use any 'watch live' functions on BBC etc. When the law was written they didn't expect iplayer etc and as such non-live streaming is excluded.

Because of all of the rubbish that is on TV nowadays I make a point of knowing where the "ON?OFF" switch is rather than just sitting there watching c**p and then spending hours of my life complaining about it!

Ditto, I went one step further and dumped mine, never missed it. Why watch TV when you can be online with Pigeon Watch. :lol:

Blackpowder

I am glad it isn't just me who thinks that programme is absolute ****

More so if you happen to watch "Deal or No Deal" with Noel Edmonds mindless mumbling about systems etc.

And why is it now mandatory on quiz programmes to have to explain every answer, even those that you know are wrong. :hmm:

Killjoy. :lol:

Killjoy be damned - There are some great programs being produced that are well worth watching nowadays - Things like The X Factor, Britains Got Tallent, Celebrity Dancing on Ice, Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, etc: Well worth paying your TV Licence for! :good::rolleyes:

I have in fact recently written to the BBC asking if it would be possible to get Bill Oddey and Brian May paired up to introduce a program on field sports - I haven't had a reply yet, but I live in hope! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Frenchieboy