Pigeon roosting

elmstone

I current have got a very good roosting site, which on a good day I can bag 10 – 15 birds in a 2 hour stint.

My question is how often should I shoot there, currently I visit twice a week.

How long does to take for pigeons to become wise and move on to another roost ?

I think most people roost shoot through the Autumn and/or Winter months.

Although I have a few friends who get little other pigeon shooting , except to ambush the birds to and from the woods, all year round.

In my opinion, frequency of shooting depends on the size of the wood, whether you can change your shooting location and the amount of birds using the wood.

It would have to be a very big wood for me to shoot it twice a week.

You could always monitor things carefully and if less birds appear, then rest it for a time , until the numbers build up again.

Are you shooting it at this time of year? IMO No No No ‘cause if you are and at the rate of twice a week you’ll put the mockers on it for good pretty damn quick!

I wouldn't shoot it this time of year :lol::good: , i'd prefer to decoy fields round it!

i think you should realy try to leave them alone when they are at the hight of the breeding season as this will increase youre shooting later in the year.

this however changes if on youre permision the pigeons are causing a problem ie crop damage, when this is the way of things let em have both barrels !!!!

cheers kirky

looking forward to next month as i havent been pigeon shooting for over 2 months now :lol: threw choice

i think you should realy try to leave them alone when they are at the hight of the breeding season as this will increase youre shooting later in the year.

this however changes if on youre permision the pigeons are causing a problem ie crop damage, when this is the way of things let em have both barrels !!!!

cheers kirky

looking forward to next month as i havent been pigeon shooting for over 2 months now :) threw choice

I havent done any for last 4 months!!!!.... :lol: