Easyhit sight

Wildfowler12

Has anybody got experience or regularly use the Easyhit fibre optic sights? I'm considering getting one of the long ones in green to help when fowling in low light conditions. My benelli has a middle bead on the rib, will this hinder the functionality of an easyhit?

Any pros and cons would be appriciated. Thanks

they are brill i use one all the time and no the middle bead dos not hinder

Agreed and mine is fitted on My Benelli Black Eagle 26".

I've got a red one as it seems, to me, to show up more than the green.

They are for correcting 'wrong' master eye - Don't expect a magic green glow on the end of your barrels in the dark, you wont get it.

They need light to work.

I'd say still get the easy hit, the ruby is all plastic as I have one, I put mine on and I've not even noticed it, you should be looking at the target, not corrected my master eye either. It's a bit of a gimmick really, or that's my view, not improved my shooting as far as I know, best thing I do is to squint an eye and focus on the target. It does look pretty cool tho.

they are brill i use one all the time and no the middle bead dos not hinder

Am I missing something here? Excuse the pun!

How can the middle bead not hinder? If you're looking over the middle bead and see the front bead you're going to shoot high!

Regards the OP, they do work well but in low light I'm not sure they will be any better than any other bead.

Cos

[quote name='Cosd' timestamp='1328875568' post='1684740']

Am I missing something here? Excuse the pun!

How can the middle bead not hinder? If you're looking over the middle bead and see the front bead you're going to shoot high!

Regards the OP, they do work well but in low light I'm not sure they will be any better than any other bead.

Cos

I have been told this before and I must admit to some confusion on this - both my Browning and my Benelli have middle beads and when I had my first lessons, the coach said that for perfect alignment, the two beads should form a figure 8. I don't even really notice them now, but when I pattern plated the guns, that setup certainly was right (for those guns) Dunno if there are different setup - don't shoot me, it is what I was taught! :good:

[/i]

I have been told this before and I must admit to some confusion on this - both my Browning and my Benelli have middle beads and when I had my first lessons, the coach said that for perfect alignment, the two beads should form a figure 8. I don't even really notice them now, but when I pattern plated the guns, that setup certainly was right (for those guns) Dunno if there are different setup - don't shoot me, it is what I was taught! :good:

That wasn't an attack, just comes across like that because of the way I bash the keyboard ;)

Lets see what some of the more experienced guys say about this, but that's how I see it.....

Cosd:

That wasn't an attack, just comes across like that because of the way I bash the keyboard ;)

Lets see what some of the more experienced guys say about this, but that's how I see it.....

No problem, :good: didn't see it that way at all, sorry - I may be a bit clumsy in phrasing today :blush: . Like you, I have heard so many opinions on this, don't think there will be anything definitive, I've seen people make some great shots both with and without a centre bead :blink: "All rather confusing really", as the Great Spike Milligan used to say.....

Edited by Bloke

So does it mean that if you have an easy sight and your cross dominant you can shoot from the left shower if your right eye dominant and vice versa? I had one of these on a gun I had and was always a drawn to the bead rather than the clays. Sobi was looking at that and was just aware the target was there rather than the other way round.

Visit the Easyhit website. See below.

It is a good one and they explain just about everything.

Having read it all I then 'phoned them and spoke to a very helpful lady who used to play hockey for the police!

She didn't give me the hard sell - Infact she said that their product probably wouldn't help me (glaucoma)

but I said I would try one anyway. She said OK we'll give you your money back if you don't like it. (Privided you don't glue it to the gun permanently)

Couldn't be fairer than that.

So I bought it and it works and I'm happy with it.

http://www.easyhit.co.uk/?gclid=CKjc4enQk64CFVE8fAodXHgWKQ

Visit the Easyhit website. See below.

It is a good one and they explain just about everything.

Having read it all I then 'phoned them and spoke to a very helpful lady who used to play hockey for the police!

She didn't give me the hard sell - Infact she said that their product probably wouldn't help me (glaucoma)

but I said I would try one anyway. She said OK we'll give you your money back if you don't like it. (Privided you don't glue it to the gun permanently)

Couldn't be fairer than that.

So I bought it and it works and I'm happy with it.

http://www.easyhit.co.uk/?gclid=CKjc4enQk64CFVE8fAodXHgWKQ

You can use a couple of small elastic bands to temp hold it on.....

I don't know what sights you have, but Easyhit and Ruby sights are identical in every way - construction and materials. The only difference is the price.

I was shown the easy hit on a friends gunand his was an aluminium frame rather than the plastic of the ruby sight. Could well of been a different one but he thought it was an easy hit.

I tried one, great if you wanna watch the end of the gun and not the target!

Have a go at watching your hand when catching a ball or the bonnet of you car whilst driving!

Forget the bead, watch the target & hand eye coordination should take care of the rest.. Hopefully lol. Just my opinion, but we are all different and they obviously work really well for some as a lot of people rate them very highly. Definatly worth a go for the money it may be perfect for you.