Where are they? (Not in Suffolk)

4b4

Well back from a morning on the rape a couple of miles away from Gt Snoring. I was on a fields of about 40 acres of rape with a large 1000 acre wood on 2 sides and a large wood 1\4 a mile away to the south. Saw 4 flocks and a few odd birds all high and distant totaling 60 pigeons. Had one iffy shot more to see if the bang stired up anything , it did not.

Thats it for me for pigeons for a few days. The wildfowling season is comming for a close so I am going to be spending the next few days below the sea wall after a few pink feet.

Good luck on the pinks, shame about the woodies.

same here last saturday had 2 for 5 shots ,today over decoyed rape got 1 out of 3 that were fooled. only two flocks across 500 acres rape/wheat biggest flock 20 birds smaller flock about 1 dozen .surprise surprise 1 shot n theyre gone .they love the field farmer keeps his horses next to feed like vampires on it but obviously no bang sticks in that area very frustrating love to see a monster flock but even towards lichfield which is all farms u lucky to see 30 to 40 pigeons dunno if its that disease thats doing them or its the recession :lol: :lol: :hmm:

there still feeding mainly on acorns around my shoots shot a few roosting thats about it at the moment they are on a few rape fields we walked them of but they dont come back in any great numbers weve tried more guns rope bangers etc to keep em moving but no joy fingers croosed it comes good soon :blush:

I am in mid Norfolk and the pigeons have been on the rape for the last 6 weeks in their hundreds. Lowest daily total has been 18 and highest 54. The farmer even sent a text Friday night saying there had been thousands of pigeons on the fields all week. All but one of the fields look as if sheep have been grazing on them and they are really in bad shape. 22 today in just over two hours before they decided to clear off.

we've seen a fair few in flocks around my area (east of Bury st Edmunds), I just reckon that where there are in there flocks they area all in one place and as soon as the flocks break up they will spread out again and return to the areas that may not have as much food...might be wrong though, just a thought :blink:

atb Ratty

Quite a few pigeons on the move today in my part of N Norfolk , but they did not stay. 7-8 flocks totaling 1500 birds all heading east and not paying any attention to decoys. A mate and I put in 4 hours on rape ( 200 birds feeding on the field first thing )this morning and not a single bird even looked at the decoys\magnet.

A big increase in the number of pigeons in my area of N Norfolk over the last couple of days. And for the first time this winter they have started to hit the rape. Drillings just starting too and a few birds on them. Still not the large numbers of 5 years ago , but I must have seen a couple of thousand today with many passing through heading esat.