very big dog fox

Archie-fox

Decided after a few days off from work i would give russ a call and get at the foxes again..

after deciding on whos area to head out on we decided to go back to some fields that we shot a fox on last week,so on arrival we climbed up onto a stack of silage bales and got into a good position, russ switched on the call and on the first sweep of the lamp a pair of eyes about 250 yards out..the fox was interested but wouldnt come in any further so after 10 mins of it hanging round it walked off into some rough ground...being keen as we are we decided to try get another angle on it as we new roughly were it would be..so after 15 mins of stalking round the edge of the field russ put the sticks out fliked the lamp on and sure enough there it was some 90 yards away grooming itself...being russ is taller than me i swapped the rifle for the lamp and gave russ the shot as he would be able to see abit more of the fox than me..(plus hes a better shot apparently :yes: )... i flicked the lamp on and off the sticks russ managed to put the 223 round down the foxes throat, and produced a big dog fox.. :good: thats me at the bottom needing 2 hands to hold him up :lol:

post-26492-0-65091000-1330510808.jpg

post-26492-0-59822700-1330510833.jpg

Edited by archie1234

Best round I've ever used. Very little recoil and like you say bad medicine....wanting to try a 204 tho I've heard good things about them..,

I don't have one (a .204) but do find a lot of pleasure in fast rounds. I am loading the .223 up to 3880fps. with a 40 vmax and 28.0 of AA2230. I think the .204 is a bit faster and with a better BC due to the smaller bore and longer bullet if you shoot a 40. They have a good rep for accuracy!!