what pcp air rifle to buy

yakka

I'll be brave and only say one thing-no discussions or any other arguments will be entered into.Following over 30 years of Airgun hunting---.177 calibre Air Arms S400/410 classic with a 50mm scope and sling+bipod if you are looking to play the waiting game.If you cant do the job with one of these you're gonna need get yoursen a 12 gauge. :good::yes:

Edited by bruno22rf

soz mate be for rabbit shoting and £550 will be for gun and include scope,ill get a pump or bottle, when i get sorted out and it will be .22 :good:

With a PCP you should seriously consider a .177 rather than .22 :yes:

(oh oh it's goin to kick off again... :oops: )

My wife bought an HW 100 and she had the chance to wait for an S410, she always had doubts until she handled an S410, the HW 100 felt so much better, they are fantastic, mine has counted for pheasants (got a permission where I can shoot them in season and out of season if they are in the grain store area), pigeons and rabbits, quiet, so superbly engineered, it is a fantastic rifle that oozes quality, the Air Arms does not have the same feel!

S410 it is then thx guys :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

Before I got my FAC I used to hunt with an AA S410 but in .22. Superb bang stick, or should I say Phut stick. Accounted for a lot of bunnies. Still got it and will be using on some parts of my permission where rimmy will not give safe shot.

My wife bought an HW 100 and she had the chance to wait for an S410, she always had doubts until she handled an S410, the HW 100 felt so much better, they are fantastic, mine has counted for pheasants (got a permission where I can shoot them in season and out of season if they are in the grain store area), pigeons and rabbits, quiet, so superbly engineered, it is a fantastic rifle that oozes quality, the Air Arms does not have the same feel!

is it legal to shoot pheasants out of season?

andrew

Yes it is note I said "In the Grain Store Area!" this means they are carrying out verminous attacks on the grain store and can be legally shot as vermin! Can't roost, stalk or have them driven, but if they are attacking the grain store, vermin!

i dont think you can treat them as vermin,