Grade identification so I can sell gun.

Schmoo

I have a lovely Browning 325 in multi choked 30'' barrels.

My question is what grade have I got ?

It is engraved with a bird scene on theaction, it that helps.

Can it be found out from the serial number, would a call to Browning, if there is such a number to call be any good.

Hope someone may be able to help, I need to know before I list it for sale to help fund a .22lr and 17hmr.

Any help would be great, thanks guys n gals.

Schmoo.

HI res photos of the action and wood work will help, BWM can be contacted but it isnt made easy:

BROWNING INTERNATIONAL S.A. © 2003-2011 - Parc industriel des Hauts-Sarts, 3ème Avenue, 25, B-4040, HERSTAL, BELGIUM - R.P.M.- Liège : 0430.037.226

As requested here is another picture.

Anybody got any idea of what I should be asking for it, it comes in mint condition, considering its about twenty years old, its got all original chokes and appears barely used, bores perfect etc, checked out when I got it by gun shop and they said was very very clean example.

Thanks Schmoo.post-34659-0-13216500-1331398261.jpg

It's a Grade 2, and none the worse for that. If the top lever is well over to the right, so that you can see some of the two serial letters, it will indeed be little used and you could ask £900, I would have thought. (I used to own a 325 Grade 2 with 32 inch barrels and I currently have two other 325s. Excellent guns.)

It's a Grade 2, and none the worse for that. If the top lever is well over to the right, so that you can see some of the two serial letters, it will indeed be little used and you could ask £900, I would have thought. (I used to own a 325 Grade 2 with 32 inch barrels and I currently have two other 325s. Excellent guns.)

You have described it to a tee, the lever to open it is indeed laying over to the right and I can see some of the serial number.

That just confirms that it is indeed very lightly used, I didnt like the fact it didnt lay straight, but all the better for me, just hope who wants to buy it knows this too, I didnt !!!!!

Thanks for your post.

Schmoo.

I have a Grade 2 - looks identical to yours. :yes:

Thanks for that any idea of an asking price ?

Schmoo.

On GT there are 2 Grade 2's @ £750 & £800 both 28" of 30" 325's are £650-995 for grades 1-3 so somewhere around there really being in good nick with nice wood and MC (is she proofed for steel?) puts her at the upper end

Edited by HDAV