Its Been a Hard Weekend

I was called out on Wednesday to sort out a rabbit problem I tried to tell them that it was the wrong time of the year to ferret but they in were adament that I should continue I managed to net eight with at least six passing through the nets.

Friday saw DB and myself out looking for birds, we found approx 150 on some rape on a farm that we shoot, we contacted the farmer but his wife answered and said that he was in a meeting and was not to be disturbed we told her that we shoot on the farm but she would not give us permission. We ended up travelling in excess of one hundred and twenty miles seeing birds on clover and tree buds but never more than ten. We found fifty on some rape at 15.30 and set up and ended the day with twenty seven. When I got home the farmer with the 150 who had now come out of his meeting said that he had now put three gas guns on the field and they had gone away.

Saturday was forcasted to be foul weather so we decided to give it a miss and spent a frustrating day in the garden with the wife. NO BLOODY RAIN!!!!.

Monday we set out at 08.00 as normal and went to check out a farm that we used to shoot but the farm manager moved on and the new guy was not happy with us being on the land. We had seen a good flock of birds in the tree the previous week end and went to check if they were still there.When we crossed the canal bridge we could see them in the trees again and also the farm manager was in his landy so we stopped and had a chat. He gave us permission to shoot and said that they were on the new seed so we set up and ended the day with seventy four pigeons,forty three crows and two magpies. We popped into the managers cottage as we left showed him the pictures and he asked if we could dowload them so he could show the beaters who had shot ten on Sunday and said come back when you like, result!!

March2012004.jpg

March2012005.jpg

March2012006.jpg

:good:

I was called out on Wednesday to sort out a rabbit problem I tried to tell them that it was the wrong time of the year to ferret but they in were adament that I should continue I managed to net eight with at least six passing through the nets.

Friday saw DB and myself out looking for birds, we found approx 150 on some rape on a farm that we shoot, we contacted the farmer but his wife answered and said that he was in a meeting and was not to be disturbed we told her that we shoot on the farm but she would not give us permission. We ended up travelling in excess of one hundred and twenty miles seeing birds on clover and tree buds but never more than ten. We found fifty on some rape at 15.30 and set up and ended the day with twenty seven. When I got home the farmer with the 150 who had now come out of his meeting said that he had now put three gas guns on the field and they had gone away.

Saturday was forcasted to be foul weather so we decided to give it a miss and spent a frustrating day in the garden with the wife. NO BLOODY RAIN!!!!.

Monday we set out at 08.00 as normal and went to check out a farm that we used to shoot but the farm manager moved on and the new guy was not happy with us being on the land. We had seen a good flock of birds in the tree the previous week end and went to check if they were still there.When we crossed the canal bridge we could see them in the trees again and also the farm manager was in his landy so we stopped and had a chat. He gave us permission to shoot and said that they were on the new seed so we set up and ended the day with seventy four pigeons,forty three crows and two magpies. We popped into the managers cottage as we left showed him the pictures and he asked if we could dowload them so he could show the beaters who had shot ten on Sunday and said come back when you like, result!!

March2012004.jpg

March2012005.jpg

March2012006.jpg

once again u da man,job done its a fool who relys on gas guns when ur about :yes: :yes: