GOOGLE EARTH

the pelt man

Google Earth free download is a great bit of kit take a look if you don't already :good:

Take a close look at your shooting ground or new shooting permission, to see if there are houses footpaths & others near.

Use in conjunction with hand held GPS & plot your way round where you like. :good:

Loads more

PELTMAN

The measuring feature looks accurate to, so you can zoom into a field and measure how far to likely shooting spots, baited areas etc. in range of .17hmr or centrefire ? Now I have a clue.

(I don't have, or want to carry a rangefinder with me!)

Cheers

AndyCM

Been a while since I looked at Google Earth. I see they've added some more hi-res photos - I can actually see my car sitting outside now.

I'd never noticed the measuring feature before! I just compared it with my range finder and there's only a 1-2 yard difference. Also plotted out my normal route I take when out shooting and it's 3.6 miles.

Off to do some more exploring... :good:

Google earth is alright but details not great

Theres a better version thats free of the net that doesnt have to be downloaded

http://local.live.com/

Give it a try

It must depend where you live, the google earth detail of my house is almost frightening, right down to seeing we had the paddling pool out in the garden that day, the local.live version is fairly useless and won't let me zoom right in - horses for courses I suppose...

It is one of the best things on the web, if you think about stitching all those photo's together amazing.

Just imagine what detail the 'government agencies' have :good:

Seeing as they own more or less most of the satellites that have taken the pictures, im sure they have a good collection of high res maps. But also they have live feed from satellites using high res video streaming to follow cars etc. Ahhh technology.. :good: good if its used for the right thing.. pitty most technology is used in the army for killing, and in hospitals to put people back together again after fighting :good: