What's the furthest you've shot a bunny at?

810 yards, seven and three quarter inches, resting on the top of a sapling post. I thought the best way to acheive the range was to flick the butt lower as I fired. I remember the day well because it was very windy. By licking the index finger of my left hand and holding it above my head I estimated that I would need to aim off to above the gate post that was seven feet four to the right of it.

Thats the gods honest truth lads, honest.

about the only believable post in this thread so far :good: :good: :good: :good:

colin

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i once shot a rabbit that was so far away it was rotten by the time i walked up to it :o. it was quite warm for the time of year but even still it was a cracking shot :good:

thats nothing, by the time i walked up to the one i shot someone had skinned gutted and made a stew with it.

bornfree

Thats nothing, by the time I got to my rabbit I had filled in my renewal, had my visit and received my new fac.

When I got to my rabbit my boots had worn out, luckily it was June when I shot it so when I got to it, in August, it had dried like leather so I skinned it and made a new pair.

I'm affraid I have to concede defeat, that has me beat.

Did I tell you about my hunting rabbits in Africa ? Well, I wasn't in Africa myself, I was in my back garden in Kent, but the rabbits were in Africa. A friendly native gutted them for me and posted them over. Both clean headshots.