Vixen And Puckle Rabbits,

sako751sg

Had aboot 6 inches of snow last night and today and went out a walk with Mac this morning hoping for a buck or fox.Absolutely baltic and only stayed a couple of hours before sacking it and getting back hame after seeing diddly squat.Thawed a good bit during the day so held out about 19.00 and took both rifles for a chance at a buck before dark and then maybe a fox and rabbit with the lamp later.Bitterly cold with the strong wind and below zero the roe were thin on the ground but where we sat waiting a fox appeared after 15ish minutes and was totally switched off.I managed to get oot the Jeep,cross the road,over a fence and lay doon for the shot and she wise non the wiser at 130 yards despite being in full view.On the shot she dropped with the 75g Vmax doing the job.Another big vixen and absolutely no idea where the den would be with there being so much cover.After a quick pic we held away and waited at a place till dark knowing there would be a few bunnies for the HMR.There was still a good 5 inches of snow here and the rabbits were nay venturing far from the burrows so we only managed 5 picked up,with another getting doon the hole.Also had a lamp for another hour and saw another fox but i took way too long and it nipped into the wood before i had a chance.The last place we lamped there were 5 roe on a grass park with 3 bucks in them,one clean and looking very long but no idea of thickness.Will try and get a better idea tomorrow if the weathers a bit on the warmer side.

js46_002.jpg

js46_003-1.jpg

js46_004-1.jpg

js46_007.jpg

js46_010.jpg

js46_012-1.jpg

js46_016-1.jpg

well done bud the lad looks well happy.les

Cheers fella.He didnt get a shot last night with the wind but still enjoyed.

Good shooting again mate. You's got a good covering over there. I am off tomorrow and was hoping to get out in the afternoon after bunnies, but the wind is so bitter I doubt there will be many out.

Cheers Ollie.Blowing a gale last night and baltic so nay great conditions but fine to get oot and hopefully you get a bunny or two.Hopefully the snow doesnt last long esp with the bucks in.

Top stuff Dave,take it the schools where off with the weather. :good:

Cheers fella.My school or the wee mans?His is on holiday and im taking a few weeks aff for the bucks although the weather hasnt helped that any.Have you a covering doon with yous?

Good result Dave.Well done.

Hope you don't endure anymore of the White Stuff!

Ta Mark.The weathers like a late April Fools,but nay very funny.Hopefully doesnt last and we get a blink of sun again shortly.

Cracking pics.. :good:

Its great to see youngsters out and about 'doing', bet he loves it!

Cheers fella.Great for him so be keen and hopefully stays with it.

had snow fall too hear in coventry its mad i got sunburn last week lol lovely to see your pics lands to die for.

Snow going noo fella and top land for sure.

Nice shooting :good:

Ta fella.

Well done lads

:good:

Cheers fella.

Well done Dave - we have also had a good fall of snow here in North Wales!

Ta fella.Dont mind the snow but after the good spell i hate the stuff.

nice shooting dave you do have a good bit of snow up there was the vixen feeding cubs or carrying . :good::good:

Ta fella.She was feeding so they are pretty early here as the last twa were the same.

good shooting, the wee feller looks well chuffed :good:

Cheers fella.Think the smile says it all.

Dave had a wee skiff on tuesday morning,the hills got quite a bit but it got a shift the day

fella!

Ours is pretty much away to although it was very frosty last night so will slow it doon a bit.

Wow Dave, I guess you guys did get some snow! Good to see the three of you braved the cold and had some decent sport. Good shooting!! Mac looks well outfitted.

Cheers Tim.Had about 6 inches in places but could have down without it but it does put a different slant on the shooting right enough.Think if the wee mans going oot he needs to be warm and waterproofed too.

Is it just me who wouldnt shoot a vixen if i had no idea if cubs would starve....

but then im only a low life terriermen :angry:

It's far from unusual to have a fox litter orphaned here---usually by Coyotes. And where Wolves abound they will orphan Coyote pups. Man plays a part where there are no natural predators.

Is it just me who wouldnt shoot a vixen if i had no idea if cubs would starve....

What PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHH

you claim to be doing the country a service killing foxes which have NO close season and then allow them the chance to rear a litter.

If your stomach cannot stand the thought you have been in the wrong job.

Foxes have no season like rats.

Do you kill doe rats with your terriers as they can orphan youngsters anytime as they breed all year round. Or shoot doe rabbits in the warmer months (though they can leave kits anytime of the year also).

Listening to hypocrits like this make my blood boil.....

Edited by yds

What PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHH

you claim to be doing the country a service killing foxes which have NO close season and then allow them the chance to rear a litter.

If your stomach cannot stand the thought you have been in the wrong job.

Foxes have no season like rats.

Do you kill doe rats with your terriers as they can orphan youngsters anytime as they breed all year round. Or shoot doe rabbits in the warmer months (though they can leave kits anytime of the year also).

Listening to hypocrits like this make my blood boil.....

:good::good::good: