triggers

wasnt to sure where to put this, no comments about "where the sun dont shine" please, anyway do any of you guys shoot release triggers ??

if so how do you get on with them ??

or do you know guys who shoot them ??

how do you feel about them on the range, do you find any safety issues :sly:

i have used a friends to find out how they function in a shoot situation, this with a resonable run at skeet, it was unusual at first , but prooved to be practical, the only time i screwed up was the first pair second shot, i flinched like i'd been hit by a truck :unsure: then the gun went bang and the target did a perfect landing and taxied to the terminal ;):good:

other than the identifying orange patch on the stock i dont think you would notice someone shooting one myself, im curious to hear your comments, over to you guys .

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

good reply, thanks, glad someone thought of an answer, as to the flinching thing the reason for the triggersis to releive the problem, physical not mental, more muscles to pull than release a trigger, as to the safety side, in all aspects of our sport safety starts at ther begining right, irrelevant of trigger mechs, having seen them used andtried it myself i found it quite easy to get used too realy, the only guys i know as i have said were people who have a phyical problem in locking up their fingers with a pull action, when the gun needs to be made safe with a no-bird call you simply pull the action back to lock wit hyour free hand, or open up the top lever, the trigger can then be released, with the gun open the hammer/s wont fall.

to your point on compound bows, i run a compound myself, and use a release, this is not for any flinch problem but, for another physical issue, the two fingers that draw are differing lengths and strengths therefore wont release at the same time or angle causing deflection, if you look into the mechanics of bowstring releasing you can see the difference, it was explained to me on the drawing board and in practice when i went into bows for the first time.

Martin

I have only ever seen one release trigger on a gun , they are quite a rare thing over here.

They are not considered safe in some circles, a bit like cocked hammer guns.

For those that don't know, they look like a normal trigger.

To operate them, you pull the trigger, but the gun fires on the release of the trigger.

I have only ever seen one release trigger on a gun , they are quite a rare thing over here.

They are not considered safe in some circles, a bit like cocked hammer guns.

For those that don't know, they look like a normal trigger.

To operate them, you pull the trigger, but the gun fires on the release of the trigger.

Blimey, sounds very dangerous especially for shooters that swap between guns.

How does it work for the second barrel to fire?

i dealt a little with them on my safety officers course but have never seen one being used outside of that. i cant see any real advantage to them other than to cure a flinch, but then that could be made worse if you are used to a standard trigger, and then the gun doesnt fire when you pull the trigger. the only real concern is safety, especially if you are not using automatic traps, as accidental discharges can be easy to make and unloading them can be difficult in the case of no-birds or trap malfunctions. in experienced hands they would be fine, but i certainly wouldnt want to let a novice use one :good:

surely you have no controll over the release point, as the trigger just releases, its not like you can rest your finger on the trigger and then 'pull' it when you feel the time is right. You would surely not know the exact point of release. Fine if you shoot maintained lead, but surely not very easy to master using other methods.

:lol::good: