Assistance required Bicester Oxford area

jaguar306

I am sadly :no: in the same position as many others and need someone who is prepared to vouch that I am a safe and competent shot in order to gain my FAC for a .22 LR.

My "Mentor" would need to send a letter to the FEO stating that he had assessed me on several occasions whilst hunting and that without prompting I could distinguish between a safe and unsafe shot. Also that I had shot X amount of rabbits on these shooting forays.

I believe that I can accompany my mentor and use his rifle for him to make this judgement, then I could gain my FAC without restriction. Obviously I am looking for someone nearby and would of course meet any costs incurred etc. Also a meal in a pub and some drinks of course :)

So anyone around the Bicester area of Oxfordshire willing to help, then please get in touch

Regards

John

I.m not far from you,jaguar306,.I assume that you have land cleared for .22lr use?If so my ticket(held over 15 years) is open and I would be happy to bring my rifle along for you to use on the bunnies whilst I watch and vouch for your safety.p.m. me if thats of any use or not-we can explore other avenues. :good:

Edited by bruno22rf

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to say thank you to Bruno22rf and The Duncan for their helpful and friendly assistance in taking me out shooting on several occasions and then vouching for my competence to the FEO in the form of a written reference.These guys are are such good chaps and I am so grateful that they gave up their time to help me out. I cannot praise their good nature and shooting expertise highly enough. :good:

:D The FEO has now agreed to process my FAC application which I hope to have in about 7 to 10 days so I am busy looking for a .17 HMR and the trimmings.

Thanks again guys and to all the others who posted comments on this thread. The power of Pigeon Watch

John

yep that's the way to do it its nice to see some 1 asking nice and they all ways get a good response of here well done too the lads who offered and good luck to the original poster :good:

Got to agree with Tony its good to see someone ask nicely and not "beg" this way people including myself are more inclined to help others out that are in a similar situation. :good: