Crazy rabbits

pestforce

I had the strangest thing happen to me today, whilst sitting against a tree a bunny popped out of the hedge only about 30 yards in front of me and just as the cross hairs were pointed perfectly it spooked and ran at full pelt straight at me hitting me with force in the side he then did a back flip and legged it back into same hedge leaving me gob smacked ! Has anyone else had any loopy animal experiences? .

I had the strangest thing happen to me today, whilst sitting against a tree a bunny popped out of the hedge only about 30 yards in front of me and just as the cross hairs were pointed perfectly it spooked and ran at full pelt straight at me hitting me with force in the side he then did a back flip and legged it back into same hedge leaving me gob smacked ! Has anyone else had any loopy animal experiences? .

ummm, no! it may have been spooked, but not know the direction from which the spooking came, so just legged it madly! that or you've been at those 'special' mushrooms again. Or the rabbit has. :good:

Rabbits eyes are on the side of their heads and as such dont see straight forward so well-funniest one I ever saw was one that bolted from an un-netted hole while I was ferreting and ran about 250 yards straight into the side of a cow that was laid down.

After shooting thousands of rats one very cold night last winter i was shooting from the car has to try and keep warm. I shot a big rat with a nice clean head shot. A few seconds later another big rat came out and had a good look at his dead mate and started squealing its head off. I got my cross hairs on it but it kept moving around it finely stopped long enough to take a shot but it moved just before the pellet struck and was shot in the body and not the head. It jumped 3 ft in the air squealing it then ran at the car jumping up at the car door and hit the door high up. I was very glad that my Shogun 4x4 is so high up. It jumped up at the door again and then started to crawl back towards his dead mate at which point i shot it for the second time in the back of its head. I put two more into it just to make sure it was good and dead before picking them all up. I have heard of rats running at lamps before and even running at shooters and jumping over there shoulders. But i have never had one that was on the attack. And i could understand it running at a lamp but i was using night vision with inferred (ie) no light so the big rat was attacking me. NO ****. Change of shorts in order.

Not had anything like that with air guns but when I was out with my foxing mentor a few years ago we were looking for a fox with a red filter on the lamp (Operated by my mentor) and a rabbit casually hopped up to my mentor and tried "sniffing" at his boot - I didn't know a heafty kick from a size 10 could make a rabbit fly so far!

I was out lamping rabbits on foot one night,when I heard something rustling through the grass behind me. Turned around and flicked on the lamp and saw a badger coming towards me at about 15 yards,kept the lamp on it and it kept coming until it was about 5 yards away,at which point I gave a gulder and it turned on it's heels. I was brickin' it good an' proper. :blush:

you wher maybye sat on a rabbit run and it bolted straight at you. had them come towards me many times mostly lamping i think they follow scent on a run :good:

I thought that might of been the case but it would of KO'd itself by running into the tree !

Warren. Here +

Rabbit. Here +

Me. Here +

Tree. Here +

Ps excuse the rubbish diagram lol