FIOCCHI .22 LR Ammo

Hi Gents, Any of you had the chance of trying the Fiocchi .22HP SUBs these are a 38gr :hmm: I've just bought a couple of boxes for a try and as a visual look they dont seem badly made, they have a nice clean workmanship to them, nice tapered head and much smaller hollow point(half winny sub) took a photo with the phone as best as I could so take a look,the ammo on the left is the Winchester sub, Fiocchi on the right.post-20373-0-21799100-1337438204.jpgpost-20373-0-04663900-1337438217.jpgpost-20373-0-18751800-1337438232.jpg

I picked a box up last time I was in belper, just to give them a try. As you say, the hollow point is a bit small but they seem well made. Not had chance to evaluate them properly yet though. good price :good:

I've used Fiocchi .22 match ammo before with good results - The Italians take their shooting seriously, just have a look at some of their .22 benchrest equipment.

Did you get them from Richardsons? They have them in at that price.

Was in there today and got my usual Win Subs. They were £4.69 a box, so at 500 they were £5 more than Bradford Stalkers for the same amount, but it's just down the road from me so I probs save on diesel and time.

Jonathan

Richardsons is the place of purchase :yes: Shop prices are getting silly like you all know they are different in every shop I go into eg: Winney subs, Richardsons £4.59 Friarage H/pool £5.50, Northallerton £4.20 and on :no: The main reason I got these is the local keeps running out of winneys and I end up spending on fuel traveling,so was looking for an alternative as im sick of phoneing the northeast for who has stock lol.

i bought a brick of them, but will probably just stick with winchester subs. what i found with them was that every now and then i would get a flier that could be 5 or 6 inches, usually low and slightly to either side. very rare that happens with winchesters.

I know, god knows why the prices vary so much. In these times you would think shops would try and be the most competitive they can be. Mind you I phoned Bradfords and they had some 204 ruger ammo off the shelf ( to suit my next possible purchase :D )

Jonathan