suicide bomb attacks

four-wheel-drive

I was looking at the news and there was yet more people being killed in suicide bomb attack it just puzzles me when I was young we still had people blowing up innocent people ie the IRA and barda minhof (spelt wrong) etc etc but these people for the most part had no desire to die themselves but people these days some of them with good families and good jobs I do not buy the seven virgins waiting in heaven for them ok some of the simple ones may think that but not the educated ones there has to be more that that to it.

The IRA were fighting a political cause (with their own self interests at heart). Very few were willing to die for the cause. Bobby Sands being one.

The Taliban are fighting a religious battle. They have blind faith that they will be looked after in the afterlife.

Modern suicide attacks were pioneered by the Japanese in WWII, most of whom are Shintoist, Buddhist or Christian. Modern suicide bombings by political groups were pioneered by mainly Hindu Tamil Tigers. As far as the only Afghans I know tell me, the Taliban are Pashtun nationalists far more than they are religious fanatics. I don't see Islam as having a lot to do with it as much as irrationalism. All of the above groups have a large amount of emotional appeal to intangible beliefs and ideals.

Baader-Meinhoff, Brigado Rosso, the IRA etc where all very much in the rationalist camp.

It just makes me think what is happening to the world when these people seem to be quite happy to kill and maim there own people let alone the people that they have some sort of grudge against. I have no religious beliefs as I see it we are borne we live for a bit and then we die and that is it if people find comfort in believing in god and an afterlife that is up to them but I'm afraid that it dose not work for me as was said by someone much smarter than me be good and party on.

Its something that for luckily the majority of us will never understand.

They believe very strongly there religion or call it what you will, i was talking to one of there followers some years ago trying to understand why or what they believe, why they do what they do. After some time i was begining to wonder what or why they are told by there seniors to me seemed utter tosh, but to them they are right and everyone else in the whole world is wrong.

Just imaging some of us who will put there life on the line and argue that black is white & night is day, its what they are told from an early age and unfortunatly its what they believe and to them they are correct.

We got rid of the lad ASAP :yes: