Breitling Wingwalkers (F)

The Blades (F)

Breitling Jet Team (F)

F-86 Sabre (F)

Vulcan XH558 (F)

Boeing 787 Dreamliner (S)

Jet Provost XM479 (S)

Antonov An-2 (S)

Got to be worth it just for the Vulcan!!

Nige

Vulc....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Had a DVD of the old airshow from the fifties. Vulcs in formation! It was almost a sock job.

There were fatal crashes and the show just went on.

Had 6 of them do the fly past for my pass out parade 30 years ago.....

......can still hear the kids screaming now!!!

Nige

Had 6 of them do the fly past for my pass out parade 30 years ago.....

......can still hear the kids screaming now!!!

Nige

I remember doing my bit for queen and country at the Manston airshow in 1990 (flogging programmes whilst in the ATC). I was 'guarding' the fence line along the runway and the Vulcan came in low and slow, nosed up and pretty much sat static on its thrust. My innards were shaking and I felt like I was going to evacuate my bowels. Made a young whipper snapper feel very insignificant. And aroused :lol:

I remember doing my bit for queen and country at the Manston airshow in 1990 (flogging programmes whilst in the ATC). I was 'guarding' the fence line along the runway and the Vulcan came in low and slow, nosed up and pretty much sat static on its thrust. My innards were shaking and I felt like I was going to evacuate my bowels. Made a young whipper snapper feel very insignificant. And aroused :lol:

Maybe you could use your new found friend :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone going this year?

Line up as follows....

Red Arrows (F)

RAF Typhoon FGR4 (F)

RAF Hawk T1 (F)

RAF Tucano T1 (F)

RAF Tornado GR4 Role Demo (F)

RAF King Air B200 (F)

BBMF Lancaster, Spitfire, Spitfire (F)

MV-22B Osprey (F/S)

Yak-130 (F/S)

Catalina (F/S)

Breitling Wingwalkers (F)

The Blades (F)

Breitling Jet Team (F)

F-86 Sabre (F)

Vulcan XH558 (F)

Boeing 787 Dreamliner (S)

Jet Provost XM479 (S)

Antonov An-2 (S)

Got to be worth it just for the Vulcan!!

Nige

I was having a similiar conversation with a colleague about my ex mrs the other day. :lol:

Did you help with the resto?

No, 'fraid not. It was working inside the fuel tanks (tank lining removed) on the Vulcans and the Beverleys at a RAF maintenance unit in the 60s that put paid to my knees. I would have liked to but I was useless for that sort of work by then.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been a few times as it is on our doorstep. Always an interesting experience. There is a bit of a change this year as the trade pavilions are not open on the public days - shame really as they were a great place to hide from the rain! If any of you are involved in Scouts, there is a camp site within walking distance - aptly named "Runways End". The other good place for free is if you have a canal boat. Take you picnic and beer cooler, park up and enjoy the display from just outside the fence.

Nick

Is XH558 going to be airworthy in time after the double engine failure a couple of weeks ago? Impressive though the display is, it is nothing compared to the Vulcan displays when they were still in service and flown all out. I understand fully why this has to be. Another impression that stays with me is if the Lightning display at Biggin Hill - they came in overhead the crowd before going vertical over the runway. The noise and vibration shook you to the core :D

Nick

Our offices overlook the runway. Makes it a bit difficult to work some times. Which really is a huge pity. Those who have mentioned the Vulcan might be interested in this:Vulcan Salute.

A year or so ago I was out for my lunch time walk when the Vulcan took off - it set of loads of car alarms in the car park.

When I lived in Doncaster in the early 70's I use to watch them going off and returning from patrol. Awesome birds.