Only an hour to spare

saab6110

Last night I only had an hour to spare so had a quick walk around. Thought I would take my shottie out for a change instead of the air rifle.

Here's the results

IMG_0182.jpg

I cant beleave you are shooting hares this time of the year, and on a Sunday! Yes there is no closed season but it’s an unwritten rule that you don’t shoot them between March 1st and July 31st. They are game.

Edited by Actionpigeons

Hi before shooting I checked to make sure it was ok. Sporting Shooter quoted this

"The hare has no close season, but hares cannot be sold during their breeding season, between 1 March and 31 July."

Web address is "http://www.sportingshooter.co.uk/guns-and-shooting/useful-stuff/shooting-seasons"

Anyone shred any light on this as I wouldn't want to be in the wrong.

Hi before shooting I checked to make sure it was ok. Sporting Shooter quoted this

"The hare has no close season, but hares cannot be sold during their breeding season, between 1 March and 31 July."

Web address is "http://www.sportingshooter.co.uk/guns-and-shooting/useful-stuff/shooting-seasons"

Anyone shred any light on this as I wouldn't want to be in the wrong.

That is correct but as mentioned above they cannot be shot on a Sunday :good: (must have got your days mixed up)

That is true about no game shot on a Sunday, put if they are a pest on farms then go ahead, they still do damage to crops. Depends where you are in the country. I know of two farms with loads of hare on. The farmers there consider them pests, as it still costs them money like the bunny does.

No close season, but where as rabbits are considered agricultural pests/vermin, hares are generally considered as "game" in the same way as pheasant or partridge. As such the rule "you cannot shoot game on a sunday" applies to hares also, i think generally most follow this, but obviously not everyone.

Ive heard about "driven hare" although when and where im not sure, but it was a while ago.

Still good shooting!

Edited by demonwolf444