impressive engineering

AVB

Anybody seen this before? It looks very impressive

http://www.wimp.com/tiniestengine/

Apparently It took 1220 hours to make the 261 pieces.

I'm not convinced it actually runs though.

What about spark plugs, oil & cooling?

Still looks good though

Thoughts?

have a word with yourself :lol: its running on compressed air, nice thing but the 1/4 scale ferrari (must find a link) was better

KW

here it is

Edited by kdubya

have a word with yourself :lol: its running on compressed air, nice thing but the 1/4 scale ferrari (must find a link) was better

KW

Good spot. That's why you do the job you do and I do the one I do.

Agreed - it can only be powered by compressed air. It has an inlet manifold with no carburetor or injectors and definitely no ignition system.

Indeed, but I don't care, it is just...beautiful. I am just sad that I will never have the time, the patience or the skills to make such a thing myself.

Wow! I think I would have liked it more if it was nearer to scale, The screws made it look a bit whack but its a true feat of precision engineering none the less.

Indeed, but I don't care, it is just...beautiful. I am just sad that I will never have the time, the patience or the skills to make such a thing myself.

Make a Hatsan then.

Wow! I think I would have liked it more if it was nearer to scale, The screws made it look a bit whack but its a true feat of precision engineering none the less.

Make a Hatsan then.

Good idea, I have started already, knew I would find a use for that offcut of 22mm copper pipe. Just need a few more used cartridges to melt down for the stock :lol:

Anybody seen this before? It looks very impressive

http://www.wimp.com/tiniestengine/

Apparently It took 1220 hours to make the 261 pieces.

I'm not convinced it actually runs though.

What about spark plugs, oil & cooling?

Still looks good though

Thoughts?

Many years ago I earned my living making working steam engines and I. C. engines.

The engine will genuinley be working.

No Spark plugs, its a diesel.

webber

Edited by webber

Where are the injectors?

The engine works on the diesel principle. It doesn't use diesel fuel as you know it which requires thhe injector to atomise the fuel to aid combustion.

The fuel used will be the stuff used in model aircraft engines with a high alcohol content.

webber

The engine works on the diesel principle. It doesn't use diesel fuel as you know it which requires thhe injector to atomise the fuel to aid combustion.

The fuel used will be the stuff used in model aircraft engines with a high alcohol content.

webber

I have learnt something today.

I've actually learnt two things today but the other is not for here :lol:

webber

#sorry but the engine is air driven it was not designed and built as an internal combustion engine, it is NOT running on methanol the "stuff" you refer to, as it would still need a carb and fuel tank (BIG for the size of that engine) and some form of cooling either by air cooling or water cooling, and it most certainly not dieseling you can do that with a very basic injection system om a single cylinder engine but for a multi cylinder engine you will need a working injection system, anyway the guy who built it reckons it runs on compressed air :P

http://jalopnik.com/5861065/watch-the-amazingly-detailed-assembly-of-a-miniature-v12-engine

KW

Edited by kdubya

That truely is impressive.

Be nice to see a kit made for it. I'd buy one :good:

you can get them but you will need deep pockets

for those who think its a running on methanol here is one that does! spot the difference? the big carbs are a give away along with the large flywheel/ fan for air cooling

cheers KW

http://blog.makezine.com/2008/10/07/amazing-mini-v12-car-engi/

Edited by kdubya

you can get them but you will need deep pockets

for those who think its a running on methanol here is one that does! spot the difference? the big carbs are a give away along with the large flywheel/ fan for air cooling

cheers KW

http://blog.makezine.com/2008/10/07/amazing-mini-v12-car-engi/

I'm sure the chinese super production machine will make them one day at a more afordable rate. Make a nice ornament for the man cave :good:

Look at the torque on that one you linked :huh:

Edited by -oXo-