Best silencer for S400

Fal

Hello all,

I have recently purchased a new Air Arms S400 classic, lovely little gun. I am looking to buy a new silencer for it, I have been looking at the Air Arms' own version, but i am wondering if they are any good, or if anyone has found something similar they would recommend?

Thanks,

Rhodri

The mods are the only bad bit about air arms. Go on flea bay and get an aa400 to 1/2" adapter and get a weihrauch hw100 silencer. Second hand about £35ish, new about £45. The AA mods are £38, I think. I put one on my s410 and its soooo quiet. I would say 50% less noise over the Air arms mod.

Hope this helps.

Edited by turbo33

i have an air arms s200 fitted with the air arms silencer and am very happy with it. in the six years i have owned it i have killed a heap of vermin and rabbits with it. the silencer is the slip on type with alen key grub screw. i can also vouch for what turbo says with the weihrauch one. my friend has a s410 with one on and its whisper quiet :good: hope this helps.

Edited by aga man

Thanks for the replies everyone! Very helpfull.

Seems that the weihrauch is the way forward, will get hold of a adapter and give it a whirl.

I cannot believe how quiet it is without a silencer, I have moved from an AA TX200, cracking gun, but quite heavy and very noisy compared to the S400.

Will a different silencer make the rabbit more dead?Besides-the sound of the pellet strike is the biggest problem-I might try a little piece of felt stuck to the nasty side of the pellet (only joking)

Does your AA silencer make them any more dead? The op asked for the best and a in most peoples opinion the HW is the one top go for, a fiver more and half the noise. And presumably if anyone is going to put a silencer on its for reducing noise. Wouldn't it make sense to go for the quietest thats within budget?

Cotton wool would be better than felt as it will dab up the blood!!

:hmm: HW are the best. 10/10 :good:

I got an Hatsan one and its almost silent.10/10 :good:

Stealth is the key to good hunting i get asked to shoot a lot of crows. :good:

Shoot one with **** Silencer and the sky turns black has the rest sod off for 30 min. :sick:

Shoot one with a good Silencer and you can bag up it makes all the difference. :yes:

If your doing a vermin control job results are what matters be it Rats Bunnys Crows Pigeons and if you don`t won`t them to fly off or go to ground a good Silencer is essential. :yes:

So no a Silencer dosen`t make them any more dead but it makes a lot more dead. :yahoo:

Happy. :shoot::shoot::shoot: