North of England Clay shoot

Lord Geordie

Had a nice day! Set of this morning, with the weather report not looking too good. Forcast for rain and strong winds. Imagine how happy I felt when I woke this morning and looked out of the window to see it was perfectly DRY :good:

I jumped out of Bed hopped in the Bath and got dressed, and headed to the cupboard to get my Guns out. After a bit of faffing about I was ready to leave and once on the A1 South made good time.

Upon arriving I saw a few familiar faces in the car park, heading for the club house.

We decided to have a brew and a bite to eat before setting off.

We split into 2 groups of 5 and Steve's other half did our score cards for Our group and I believe Mike did the other groups cards.

Mikes group started at the far end of the lane and Our group started at the near end and the idea was to meet in the middle half way and have a natter before carrying on.

The Group!

photo_3_17.JPG

Our team consisted of Myself, Lyn, Mark, Kirk and Steve

Mikes team, Mike, Shaun, Mark, Joe and Shaun.

Yes yes very confusing with 2 Shaun's and 2 Mike's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We shot 100 sporting each and at the end of the day the top 3 were awarded a small trophy just as a reminder of the day.

It turned out to be a VERY interesting Day with blustery winds causing some clays to flay off in numerous directions :lol: :lol: :lol:

Add to that the confusion of neighboring clays passing in close proximity to ours and your left wondering which clay was yours :lol: :lol: :hmm:

We did well with the weather too! At one point it threatened to rain with a little band of rain showing up but it didn't last more than a few minuets and other than that it was quite a dry day. The day panned out as Follows!!!

The Winners were

1st place with a score of 84! Kirk

photo298.JPG

2nd place with a score of 76! Steve

photo_1_31.JPG

3rd place with a score of 70! Mike

photo_2_27.JPG

Lyn scored 68

Mark Matmer scored 63

Shaun Hogg scored 63

Shaun Gibson scored 62

I scored 52

Mark Elsworth scored 38

Joe Deeney scored 32

There is some Video which I shot of Our group which once I get sorted I will try and get a few snippets put up. I will also have some Photo's of the winners receiving their trophies, thanks to Steve's missus "Darebear"

Once I have those I will get them hosted and put up too.

I just want to take this opportunity to thank those who turned up today. It was nice to see new people and put faces to new names!

Hopefully in future We can meet up again perhaps elsewhere and have another bash and maybe get a few more people to attend :good:

Edited by Lord Geordie

Great day out Lord Geordie thanks for organising it and i would also like to thank you again for providing the trophies very generous,looking forward to the next meet up and shoot. Good to put faces to names.

The wind was bad at times as Lynne's gun barrels were blowing to and fro trying to shoot the far looper and some of the clays had some wonderful flight lines.Hope more of us can make the next one.

Atb figgy

Was nice to meet new people and put more faces to avatars.....

I never knew steves missus was "Darebear".....

Totally agree with the wind, it was the wind that stopped me hitting that bloomin looper!!!! also my little 21g cartridges didnt quite reach that far, and my back was playing up :whistling: (say nowt mike!)

The wait for the bacon sarnies totally drained me causing me to miss one more than mark and shaun, have I mentioned my little 21g cartridges?

Would be nice to do it again sometime, was fun, AND dry.

Have I mentioned the wind and my little 21g cartridges causing me to miss one more than mark and shaun?

Also like the fact that mark has changed his surname :good:

Great day

Thanks Lord Geordie for organising it.

:shaun:

Edited by shaun4860

A very enjoyable day, and nice to meet all you chaps and tother lass. I particulerly enjoyed the sporttrap at the end, when we didn't know what was coming from where. :blink: The B bird definatly came from where it said it D :sly: and the E bird fom where it said C, :oops: managed a 18/25 by some miracle. Thanks for organising it your Lordship and a million thanks to our marker.from Auntie. :good:

Good score on the compact Auntie, I didn't dare look at mine. Never been so confused on a layout even scaffman who's a member and shoots it regular was bamboozled by the lettering they put up.Mine went pull ******** where did that come from and go :lol: The sqaud going on after us watched our effort and still didn't know which trap was where.

Atb figgy

Fantastic day, thanks to LG for organising it.

The squad was right good crack as was the whole crowd. The birds were really challenging, we should do this more often.

64f31205.jpg

Oh hardy har :sneaky2:

very funny MR MATMER

:shaun:

Edited by shaun4860

Twas a good meet even if my effort was a bit on the poor side :D

Thanks for the pointers Lynne and Kirk :good:

Nice to meet you all and see a few familiar faces, even if I don't know where I know some of you from :hmm:

Good on you LG for organising the event, hopefully we'll get a few more on the next one.

Mark

So it seems the pizz take is still going on...right LG thanks for organizing the day and by the way i know im big but there certainly are not 2 mike's..... :angry: :angry:

Shaun 4860 we didn't tell you Abbi was " darebear " as she scares people ...but at least today she left the broom stick at home.. :blush:

Joe 90 sorry 1978 all you needed to hit them was my home loads then you would have been top gun .

Did Shaun 4860 tell you he was only using 21 gr and he tried to get me to use a couple when i was short on the last stand he just didn't want me to get some good cart's out of my bag..

also he had a bad back so did i but i still managed to hit a few for the daddy of the squad :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark m your first cartoon is good :P :P the second one she has more hair than me :hmm: :hmm:

Well i'm glad now that i went quite enjoyed meeting all you.... as some one said all good northern lads no southern softies turned up.. :whistling: :whistling:

What didn't he tell you .......he told everyone else at least 10.12.14......0r it could have been more times.. :lol: :lol:

By the way the lads that were coming and had to cry off for various reasons you missed a good day......

Edited by hawkeye

So it seems the pizz take is still going on...right LG thanks for organizing the day and by the way i know im big but there certainly are not 2 mike's..... :angry: :angry:

Shaun 4860 we didn't tell you Abbi was " darebear " as she scares people ...but at least today she left the broom stick at home.. :blush:

Joe 90 sorry 1978 all you needed to hit them was my home loads then you would have been top gun .

Did Shaun 4860 tell you he was only using 21 gr and he tried to get me to use a couple when i was short on the last stand he just didn't want me to get some good cart's out of my bag..

also he had a bad back so did i but i still managed to hit a few for the daddy of the squad :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark m your first cartoon is good :P :P the second one she has more hair than me :hmm: :hmm:

Well i'm glad now that i went quite enjoyed meeting all you.... as some one said all good northern lads no southern softies turned up.. :whistling: :whistling:

well spotted there mike! That was supposed to say 2 marks :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never knew Shaun was using 21g cartridges, well there you go.............

21g with a + 7 variance :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe! I wouldn't worry about the scores it's all just a bit of fun. I have good.days and bad and yup yesterday was bad for me. I should have managed a 70 day at least.

Thanks again everyone who turned up for making it a memorable day :good:

LG

Totally agree with the wind, it was the wind that stopped me hitting that bloomin looper!!!! also my little 21g cartridges didnt quite reach that far, and my back was playing up :whistling: (say nowt mike!)

Don't forget, new gun as well Shaun, which you are still getting used to ;)

Some good shots on this forum swear by 21gram loads. Especially on anything 70 yards plus :yes: My son tried some and thought they were good, no different from 28 gram on usual Sunday local shoot hit it and it breaks.

Some squad photo to be proud of there Mike, love your new shooting glasses. It's a shame the other chimp choker was (to busy tending to his new gun pigeon,should work a treat in the bouncer with its feet tied to the cradle) i mean away at a do.

Atb figgy

Edited by figgy

Some good shots on this forum swear by 21gram loads. Especially on anything 70 yards plus :yes: My son tried some and thought they were good, no different from 28 gram on usual Sunday local shoot hit it and it breaks.

Some squad photo to be proud of there Mike, love your new shooting glasses. It's a shame the other chimp choker was (to busy tending to his new gun pigeon,should work a treat in the bouncer with its feet tied to the cradle) i mean away at a do.

Atb figgy

Only got 2 words for you first begins with F and second one is off you cheeky G I T

Didn't know he had a new gun maybe just as well he could not hit anything with the old one.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by hawkeye