Just an observation

955i

Watching a program called Fake Britain and the reckon the cost to tax of fakes in Britain per year is 350 million DOLLARS!!

Since when did we have an american currency (american is deliberately spelt with a small a)

Watching a program called Fake Britain and the reckon the cost to tax of fakes in Britain per year is 350 million DOLLARS!!

Since when did we have an american currency (american is deliberately spelt with a small a)

why on earth did you buy a bike called a Daytona (big D in Daytona )if your so anti America (big A in America )

Namedropper :lol:

Nah, it's not holidaying, it's work so no name dropping.

I can't understand why people get so bent out of shape about Americans yet happily use the items they produce.

It seems like a jealousy thing - like a bitter little man syndrome in country form! :lol:

Regards,

Gixer

People who knock America are the ones who have never been there . They have never experienced the hospitality of the Americans or the big portions in the restaurants . I love America ,but then half my family are Yankees from new york .

God bless America . Tell you what , you can't make a living off benefits over there and emigration is very tight . Yes I have celebrated independance day over there and was allways treated as an honoured guest .

Harnser .

Edited by Harnser

People who knock America are the ones who have never been there . They have never experienced the hospitality of the Americans or the big portions in the restaurants . I love America ,but then half my family are Yankees from new york .

God bless America . Tell you what , you can't make a living off benefits over there and emigration is very tight . Yes I have celebrated independance day over there and was allways treated as an honoured guest .

Harnser .

Totally agree mate....I`ve been 3 times, one of which was a shooting trip. Their hospitality and politeness puts us Brits to shame. The shooting trip was in Washington State. The best bunch of blokes I`ve ever had the pleasure to shoot with. :good:

Totally agree mate....I`ve been 3 times, one of which was a shooting trip. Their hospitality and politeness puts us Brits to shame. The shooting trip was in Washington State. The best bunch of blokes I`ve ever had the pleasure to shoot with. :good:

Yup - Everytime i come back from working in the states - I take my wife out for dinner and comment at my disgust at the service in the UK, over here you get constant service and asked if everything is ok and I challenge anyone to try and finish a drink before another free refill is placed on your table - In the UK you get your plate dumped on the table, and are lucky to get the attention of the waitress/waiter - and that is when you are paying for refills!

I can see why brits would moan - I mean it is terrible waking up to sunshine every morning, getting good service, being able to plan out door events weeks in advance without worrying about bad weather and being able to run 5.7 liter Hemi's without having to remortgage, Being able to own pretty much any gun or bow you like, being able to go trail riding, or quad bikeing in any national park area and losing yourself for days without seeing another human.

I am infact going out to shoot "five stand" tonight for the second time in a week, I have had an invite to numerous houses for dinner with peoples family on every weekend day i've been here - ensuring i am not on my own, and have even been invited to thier churches.

Every hotel has been mapped out by my work collegues here to ensure i can drive to a bass pro/Academy sports etc.

And my rental car was upgraded to a Lincoln MKT with all the trimmings at no extra cost..

Oh yeah, it's awful...I want back to the rain...:blink: :lol:

Regards,

Gixer

Jeebus Harnser, methinks some people are either a wee bit too touchy or just look for someone to poke at when it comes to a bit of P taking. Get over it or if it's so good, ruddy well move there. :rolleyes:

No problems with Septics at all, I even know some and like them. Mega problems with all the Americanisms being imported here though. This is Britain allegedly.

Now I'll let you get back to your Bubba hugging. :good: Have a nice day, missing you already, good Joooob, I'm good, you do the math, I could care less............... :P

Edited by DaveK

I agree. Nothing against America - I've been there and (mostly) like it. But we don't use the dollar, so why quote figures in dollars?

Jeebus Harnser, methinks some people are either a wee bit too touchy or just look for someone to poke at when it comes to a bit of P taking. Get over it or if it's so good, ruddy well move there. :rolleyes:

No problems with Septics at all, I even know some and like them. Mega problems with all the Americanisms being imported here though. This is Britain allegedly.

Now I'll let you get back to your Bubba hugging. :good: Have a nice day, missing you already, good Joooob, I'm good, you do the math, I could care less............... :P

You really must try and travel outside Yorkshire . There are lots of super places to visit around the world and loverly people to meet . I can assure you that wakefield is not the centre of the universe . I know ,hollywood has a lot to answer to when trying to portray your run of the mill hard working patriotic American .

Meet them in their own backyard and you will be pleasently surprised .

Harnser .

You really must try and travel outside Yorkshire . There are lots of super places to visit around the world and loverly people to meet . I can assure you that wakefield is not the centre of the universe

Harnser .

Born in Aberdeen, lived in Cyprus for 3 years as a kid, been to a variety of places in my life, settled in Yorkshire so No, Wakefield isn't the centre of my universe. But it seems to me from your earlier post that you think the good 'ole US of A actually is yours. Stop taking life so seriously mate, you only have one, live it and grow old disgracefully.

Now I doubt this is what the OP intended the topic to be about and others have responded tongue in cheek(ish) to my comments so lets let this drop and let the topic get back on track.