World Sporting, 4th / 5th August...........

Catamong

I've booked in to shoot on the Saturday at 9.00am, I reckon it will be a good but hard shoot, (as a World Championship should be..?? :blink: ).

One thing I can't get my mind around is the squadding.

Everyone's shooting in squads of 6, under the dreadful (and now discredited) CPSA method of "double squadding", i.e. 12 shooters do a shotgun start at every stand.

We're shooting the 100 bird layout over 15 stands, which takes quite a time, yet the next squads are due to start at 11.00, I just can't see how that will happen, there's no way we're gonna get around in anything like 2 hours..?? :hmm:

Cat.

I've booked in to shoot on the Saturday at 9.00am, I reckon it will be a good but hard shoot, (as a World Championship should be..?? :blink: ).

One thing I can't get my mind around is the squadding.

Everyone's shooting in squads of 6, under the dreadful (and now discredited) CPSA method of "double squadding", i.e. 12 shooters do a shotgun start at every stand.

We're shooting the 100 bird layout over 15 stands, which takes quite a time, yet the next squads are due to start at 11.00, I just can't see how that will happen, there's no way we're gonna get around in anything like 2 hours..?? :hmm:

Cat.

As far as i know its single squadded, you will have probably seen 30 squads going out over 1 period of time, but this will be over the two courses as far as im aware, therefore 15 squads per 100 bird layout.

As far as i know its single squadded, you will have probably seen 30 squads going out over 1 period of time, but this will be over the two courses as far as im aware, therefore 15 squads per 100 bird layout.

Yes, you're quite right...I stand corrected... :blush:

I should have studied the "Squad Rotation" section on the website.. :hmm:

Cat.

On on 11am Saturday, look forward to seeing you there rob! Hope it goes well; steve/ally put a lot in and normally set a cracking round- just hope they have been left to do what they do best without too much meddling from elsewhere if you know what I mean.

Hi Ed, yes, will no doubt see you there, just make sure you have an early night on the Friday, as I've recently put a grand on with Paddy Power at 5 to 1 for you to be placed in the top 3 overall,............I know your track record in that part of the Country.... :yes:

Cat.

Yes i will be there , increadably i made the team, i dusted down the old skeet vest and i cannot believe it, its shrunk, i have had to order a new one. Just come back for the Dutch Grand Prix, cracking shoot the best of the year. I am on the same time as Ed, must be an England thingy, all boys together. I have Graham Stiraker and Arnie Palmer as the other team mates and strongly relying on them to pull my scores up. I am still coming to terms with the fact of making both the World and Home Internationals teams.....i never expected this, i am a fitasc shooter. Its been quite a shock.

Dennis

Hi Cat, i will be there too & no doubts our paths will cross, coffee, milk, no sugar please :good: :good:

Im down on the Friday to shoot the prelim with my Northern buddy "Cockney John" Rogers :blush: :blush:

On squad 80 i beleive with my close friend from Kent "H" & another "BIG" shot....LOL :good: :good:

Looking forward to this World event, im sure that Steve, Alison & their team will do us proud :yes: :yes:

Good luck to team Ed, Dennis & the others who have done well again in the selections, catch up with you all next week :sly: :sly: :lol: :lol:

I'm down on the Wednesday for the sportrap, staying overnight and shooting the FITASC on the Thursday. Pockets aren't deep enough unfortunately to stay a further 3 nights and do the prelim sporting and the main event.

Good luck to Ed, Dennis and all the teams.

Mr Potter

Hope the organisers have got the correct flag if there is a suprise Korean win :lol: :lol: