laid barley and then cut

steve0146

Last two afternoons shooting. One over standing stubble a few days ago and the other as soon as it was cut (3 hrs this afternoon). Really good days out for my part of Cornwall as we don't see that many birds. The dog worked really well and was picking the birds and bringing them back under the cam net like a pro! It was her first season last year but the difference in one year seems to be massive. post-17805-0-26016200-1343334470.jpgpost-17805-0-17293400-1343334486.jpg

Edited by steve0146

• 1 month later...

Shes Drakeshead bred. Mum was a pet in Bristol but was also Drakeshead. My first gun dog and a pleasure to train.

i have a drakeshead bitch she,s 2 years old and she is by frazer of drskeshead. drakeshead kennels is about 3 miles from me i think they are some of the best looking gundogs there is

ye nice dog, mines drakes head as well, its the brother to fenntigers ,there both around 2half years old now and in the last 2 month they ave both picked around 400 pigeons each, so looking forward to the game season now...and well done with your shooting as well...

Edited by simon6ppc

i have a drakeshead bitch she,s 2 years old and she is by frazer of drskeshead. drakeshead kennels is about 3 miles from me i think they are some of the best looking gundogs there is

Willow in the picture is also a bitch from Frazer, also two years old. Ahh....their related. We will be expecting a card at Christmas now! She went out to watch and pick the odd bird last season and this is her first 'real' season. Last year she picked a cracking wigeon shot in the dark that was carried away in the strong wind. Went down on the mud but stone dead. Took 15 mins and I could not real help as could not see. However, brought it back to hand. Plus it witnesses by another fowler which makes it even better! Its retrieves like that that make all the training, feeding, exercising worth it.

Willow in the picture is also a bitch from Frazer, also two years old. Ahh....their related. We will be expecting a card at Christmas now! She went out to watch and pick the odd bird last season and this is her first 'real' season. Last year she picked a cracking wigeon shot in the dark that was carried away in the strong wind. Went down on the mud but stone dead. Took 15 mins and I could not real help as could not see. However, brought it back to hand. Plus it witnesses by another fowler which makes it even better! Its retrieves like that that make all the training, feeding, exercising worth it.

ye your right pal.some folk dont realy bother about gun dogs and picking up,me and fenntiger ave spent some serious time this last year or so training our dogs, to be honest this year ime looking forward to picking up pheasants more than shooting em, cant wait, and the last 2 month on the pigeons with em as been excellent ....

post-56146-0-37516800-1347218100_thumb.jpg

Edited by simon6ppc

ye nice dog, mines drakes head as well, its the brother to fenntigers ,there both around 2half years old now and in the last 2 month they ave both picked around 400 pigeons each, so looking forward to the game season now...and well done with your shooting as well...

The lab pup I have now is Drakes head lines, just wish she would stop mauling the spaniel to death, but then again she is only 15 weeks old