John Bonham or Keith Moon ?

RedRobin

John Bonham or Keith Moon ?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Hard to choose I know ... Who is your choice ??

• Keith Moon
    • John Bonham

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i had to pick one I would say Moon but neither were as good as Baker

Now how did I guess Ginger would show in at least one reply :lol:

Was listening to a Cream Session for the BBC , but sadly my collection is so biasd to Zepplin and Who .... Care to donate any CD copies of early Cream ?

Charlie Watts the gentleman drummer for me. I like the fact that he just loves playing the drums and never got involved in all the stuff that accounted for Bonzo and Moon.

Ack Ack... agree its a terrible downfall, but watching some of Moons early 60's stuff, his 'beat' has never been copied ... awesome to watch and not all about the Singer as with the Stones :P

but i'm a massive Bonham fan. :yes:

Are we not forgetting Phil Collins here ;)

We try to :lol:

Seriously though, He was fine when Peter Gabriel was driving Genesis and just playing the drums - for whatever anybody thinks of him he is a fine drummer - he just turned the best prog rock band ever into a pop band :angry:

Oh and its Moon the Loon for me, all over a drum kit like a rash at his best :good:

Mind you Bonzo was pretty good too :lol:

Ack Ack... agree its a terrible downfall, but watching some of Moons early 60's stuff, his 'beat' has never been copied ... awesome to watch and not all about the Singer as with the Stones :P

I agree, he was indeed an awesome percussionist and a huge on and off stage persona. Three peice bands really do it for me as they have all have to punch above their individual weight to create the synergy required to deliver. I can watch the Who all day long but can tire of the Stones. I just admire Charlie's ongoing proffesionalism. He looks a bit like a German war film villian as well which perhaps got my attention as a nipper.

Got to be Keith Moon....he was playing his stereo at full blast in his room whilst staying at a hotel in the USA, the manager knocked on the door and complained about the noise. Moon dragged him into the room, blew up the kharzi with a stick of dynamite, and said "that, dear boy is noise, I was listening to The Who!"