new lanber

mr williamson

Just bought a new top spec lanber and im well chuft with it. Iv never owned a lanber under the impresion they were cheap rubbish but i have to say they

have realy pulled the stops out on these guns and went the whole hog. Its a 30" sporter stej, beutifull wood and deep blueing, its nicely balanced and handles well. These guns may not be berettas brownings and miroku's but there getting ther imop, recoil is comfortable and build quality is great 9/10 from me! How do you guys rate em?

Nothing wrong with the Lanbers. I have an O/U which I bought new approx 14 years ago. The only problem I had,after a few years, was the spring clip that holds the barrel selector/safety catch, snapped. It cost me £2.00 for the spring, and I fitted it easily. If I were to buy a new O/U again, Lanber would be a my first choice.

Good luck with your shooting. :good:

ive been looking around for a couple of weeks for my first shotgun, on a budget which wont quite stretch to the 1300/1400 most decent brands seem to start at i looked at a couple of of budget guns, the lanber sporting delux really caught my eye especially with its 5 years warranty so im glad to hear you both rate them :good:

Thats what ive just bought the sporting delux model soon as i picked it up i thought im having that, and out came the plastic ha ha. And i can say its fantastic and looks amazing. Shoots well and not much recoil witch is good for the clays, i would strongly advise you to try 1 for youself its suprised me how well made and ellegant it is. Let me know how you get on

cheers carl

I've never owned one but know a couple of blokes who have them.Was really impressed with the build quality,balance and handling.They remind me of the Win 101,and are greatly underated guns in my opinion.Enjoy it.

Funny you shod say that, while buying it my mate who has a 101 pointed out that they have a similer action i was told they do adopt some browning a

parts hmmm i wonder, the old 101 was based on a browning action

a question for you guys who own or have owned a sporting delux, would the stock be suitable for a leftie to sue without having to go down the route of proper buying a leftie

Mine is'nt the sporting delux model,but you are more than welcome to pop over and check mine out, to see if it's suitable for you.

a question for you guys who own or have owned a sporting delux, would the stock be suitable for a leftie to sue without having to go down the route of proper buying a leftie

Mine was also quite neutral in is cast and I so sold it to a leftie. Super first gun, mine was 6 years old when I bought it, solid as a rock and kept its money. Lost £50 on in in 4 years.

First post - hi all!

Welcome to the clib! I also bought a brand new 30" Lanber Sporting Deluxe on Friday as my first shotgun and I'm extremely happy with it. Went on the local grounds yesterday and put 75 carts through it and it performed really well. Not quite sure whether the stock is too long for me or not (I'm new to gun fitting etc) so will have to ask someone who knows their stuff next time I'm up there.

Overall lovely build quality and very nice looking. One snag I have though is it looks like the gunshop I bought it from greased it up good and proper and it's tainted the metal work and engraving on the outside. Does anyone have any suggestions on solvents I can use to shine up the outer metalwork back to glory? (dark in places)

First post - hi all!

Welcome to the clib! I also bought a brand new 30" Lanber Sporting Deluxe on Friday as my first shotgun and I'm extremely happy with it. Went on the local grounds yesterday and put 75 carts through it and it performed really well. Not qu

ite sure whether the stock is too long for me or not (I'm new to gun fitting etc) so will have to ask someone who knows their stuff next time I'm up there.

Overall lovely build quality and very nice looking. One snag I have though is it looks like the gunshop I bought it from greased it up good and proper and it's tainted the metal work and engraving on the outside. Does anyone have any suggestions on solvents I can use to shine up the outer metalwork back to glory? (dark in places)

silvo metal polish should do the trick mate

I rate the Lanbers very highly and have placed 5 second hand examples with clients now, including 2 left handers. Only one problem which cost about a tenner to sort out, loose trunnion. Good dependable guns, no frills, some are quite pretty as well

but they go bang and don't drop to bits.

Thats the stuff pal. You fr cumbria by any chance lol

If you can afford it buy new then you will be covered for five years.I had a new sporting gold lanber loved the gun but it had to go back for repairs six times.

what needed repaired if you dontinde asling

cheers