Walked up grouse..

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all those who have sent me a pm can you do it again with your phone number please and we can start to get some dates booked in...im going on the moor tomorow so will have a good idea how its looking and what the numbers are like...

Rich.

Edited by spanj

• 2 weeks later...

Went out with Rich this morn , didn"t have chance of a shot but had a great morning out with a top bloke , rain just about kept off but it was very windy and the Grouse were lifting off some 80/100 yards in front . Couple of Hawks knocking about , I think the wind and the BOP may have made them a bit skittish

Fantastic views over the moors , hard going on my 60 yr old legs and after all this rain the moor was like a bog , still enjoyed it though and thanks again to Rich for the opportunity .

Julian

Went out with Rich this morn , didn"t have chance of a shot but had a great morning out with a top bloke , rain just about kept off but it was very windy and the Grouse were lifting off some 80/100 yards in front . Couple of Hawks knocking about , I think the wind and the BOP may have made them a bit skittish

Fantastic views over the moors , hard going on my 60 yr old legs and after all this rain the moor was like a bog , still enjoyed it though and thanks again to Rich for the opportunity .

Julian

Shame you didn't get a Grouse mate, but glad you had a cracking morning. Get a brew on and put your feet up this afternoon, you've earned it!

Julian

Bad luck mate - still a great experience though isn't it. I was very lucky with the weather and the grouse when I went. Get yourself warmed up!

More wet than cold , dont feel the cold much , in fact I took my light weight fleece off when we got to the moor and just had a Paramo T shirt and Hunter Jacket and was well warm , despite gaiters I was well soaked below but glad I wore sturdy boots it that heather .

Just washed everything gave the gun a wipe down ( AYA Yoeman bought a Saturday ) and started on the jobs I usually do of a morning .

• 3 weeks later...