Citizen watches

Salop Matt

Used to have the automatic self winding divers watch . Accurate and solid . As budget end watches I do not think there is anything wrong with them . I am a fan of Seiko automatic divers watches.

+1 :good:

The Seiko has a more solid feel to the winder and to the watch overall compared to ther Citizen, but they are both cracking good brands. I have several of both, in divers as well as in dress watch style, just because they are hard wearing and very accurate for mechanical auto winders. My Favourite - Seiko Orange Monster Auto winder, second favourite - Citizen Diver auto winder, says it all

I have a dress sort of Citizen watch - it's Eco Drive so I just put it on a window sill occasionally - very thin and light with black rectangular face - Got on net for very good price - Had been checking for this watch for ages and in end I got it for what I was willing to pay. - No where near price in link

Rectangular version of this.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Citizen-Eco-Drive-Stiletto-Stainless-AR3010-57E/dp/B002BWPDEI

Dave

I wear this watch,i used to wear seiko divers,which are big, but this is a nice heavy and huge watch,it never misses a beat,is worn all the time,it even had a saab run over it while on my wrist (long story).

It keeps great time,and the power band for the solar panel,which is the whole face,never moves from full.highly recommend them.

The only watch i would take this off for would be a nice Omega seamaster,but my wife hasn't taken the hint for all my talk.

mywatch.jpg

I am a bit of a watch fan, and you can't fault Citizen watches. I'm lucky enough to have have 3, all Eco-drives, A skyhawk titanium radio controled, a Blue Angels stainless steel and another cant remember the name. All are hard wearing, keep good time and good looking timepieces. I wouldn't give owning one a second thought, I would just make the purchase. Unless of course you want to decide on an Omega Seamaster auto, which I would highly recommend, only I don't wear mine as an everyday watch!

Edited by KPV4

I was in the jewelers last week and he told me Citizen watches have Seiko internals so why buy a C when you can get an S.

Thats what he said . Seiko have leased there technology to Citizen for 10 yrs. Dont know how true it is.

Something like that.

Not sure if the info you were given is right or not :hmm: but I suppose it will depend what you were looking for at the time and the money you were prepared to spend. Salesmen will make any statements just to get a sale, so if he thought you might not part with the cash for a Citizen then you may opt for a cheaper model of Seiko, if he can blag it. If he was right then Citizen have used the technology to their advantage becuase they are producing some excellent watches and in my opinion far bettter than Seiko, and I've owned a couple of those in my time! On the other side, why would Seiko lease out the technology to Citizen who are in direct competition with them :hmm:

I think I am right in saying that the Eco-Drive technology is based on the principle of capturing solar power, which is different to Seiko technology which is Kinetic capturing electrical energy from the movement of the wrist. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong!

Edited by KPV4

I think I am right in saying that the Eco-Drive technology is based on the principle of capturing solar power, which is different to Seiko technology which is Kinetic capturing electrical energy from the movement of the wrist. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong!

Spot on,

My Citizen is an eco drive(in picture above),the whole face is a solar panel,when you look at it from different angles it has a machined look which looks good,i was a big seiko fan and have a couple left,but liked the self winders, when they went kinetic they had problems with the capacitors,my dad had three Seiko replaced,so i stopped looking at them,then saw this citizen a good few years ago and have worn it ever since,it was about £350 at the time and has been worth every penny.

Apart from wanting an Omega seamaster(wife take note again,i'm 50 in a few years)my Dad has a beautiful seikohttp://www.retro-wat...e/N0770-(6).jpg,i think quite a lot of watches had their hey day in the 70's,and my Dad will pass this on to me one day,i have it serviced for him,and bought him an automatic winder as he doesn't wear it,he prefers a radio controlled Seiko

Spot on,

My Citizen is an eco drive(in picture above),the whole face is a solar panel,when you look at it from different angles it has a machined look which looks good,i was a big seiko fan and have a couple left,but liked the self winders, when they went kinetic they had problems with the capacitors,my dad had three Seiko replaced,so i stopped looking at them,then saw this citizen a good few years ago and have worn it ever since,it was about £350 at the time and has been worth every penny.

Apart from wanting an Omega seamaster(wife take note again,i'm 50 in a few years)my Dad has a beautiful seikohttp://www.retro-wat...e/N0770-(6).jpg,i think quite a lot of watches had their hey day in the 70's,and my Dad will pass this on to me one day,i have it serviced for him,and bought him an automatic winder as he doesn't wear it,he prefers a radio controlled Seiko

Quite like that Retro Watch, you will be a lucky guy when it comes into your possession.

Keep on at the wife, she will give in at the end. I can asure you it will be the best purchase you have ever made when you get an Omega Seamaster, you won't regeret it. You will have a grin from ear to ear. I know it seems a lot of money but they are a good investment they loose hardly any money, and the quality is second to none. I have to be honest I perfer them to Rolex, I think a lot of Rolex watches have been over-rated.

Ive got several but the one I use mostly is a 1980's digital...battery life is about 5 years WR to 100m and never let me down.

I have two Ecodrives and they are very good watches, but when and if they do go wrong they are very expensive to put riight and its sometimes better to throw them away and buy a new one.

If you are looking for reliability at a sensible price in a quartz driven watch then consider a Pulsar..These are owned by Seiko...I have several of these and they are good value..

Omegas watches do not actually always hold their value.. and nothing can come close to a Rolex auto or mechanical movement...nothing...

If your going to spend a lot of money on a marque watch dont buy a quartz watch you will be paying several hundred pounds for a mass produced quartz movement that probably cost less than £25 to produce.

Edited by Fisherman Mike

Quite like that Retro Watch, you will be a lucky guy when it comes into your possession.

Keep on at the wife, she will give in at the end. I can asure you it will be the best purchase you have ever made when you get an Omega Seamaster, you won't regeret it. You will have a grin from ear to ear. I know it seems a lot of money but they are a good investment they loose hardly any money, and the quality is second to none. I have to be honest I perfer them to Rolex, I think a lot of Rolex watches have been over-rated.

I do like Rolex,and a couple of mates have them,but there is something about Omega,its like porsche or ferrari,both stunning,but you always like one that bit more.

The retro seiko will mean more to me than any other watch,i remember my dad effortlessly swinging a 14lb sledge hammer knocking down a wall in our garden and me proudly wearing his watch as i stood by as his helper i was about 10 and felt so proud,i couldn't even lift the hammer,but there are a lot of memories of my dad in his heyday letting me help or shoot or fish,with that watch.

I do like Rolex,and a couple of mates have them,but there is something about Omega,its like porsche or ferrari,both stunning,but you always like one that bit more.

The retro seiko will mean more to me than any other watch,i remember my dad effortlessly swinging a 14lb sledge hammer knocking down a wall in our garden and me proudly wearing his watch as i stood by as his helper i was about 10 and felt so proud,i couldn't even lift the hammer,but there are a lot of memories of my dad in his heyday letting me help or shoot or fish,with that watch.

Its called the James Bond factor... Daniel Craig did for Omega what Moore and Connery did for Rolex before him...If the next Bond movie star wears a Bulgari thats will no doubt become the best watch in the world....( Actually it is a pretty damn good movement)

Im a big fan of Oris watches and have got a couple...used to be able to buy them reasonably priced until the Williams F1 team adopted them.

and nothing can come close to a Rolex auto or mechanical movement...nothing
Steady there Fisherman Mike lol, I mean Rolex are decent watches for sure but your statements WAY off the mark lol.

I think in fairness to Citizen and Seiko they make very good watches for what they cost :) I prefer Seiko myself but guess most watches are down to personal prefference.

The only watch i would take this off for would be a nice Omega seamaster,but my wife hasn't taken the hint for all my talk.

mywatch.jpg

that's called selective hearing, funny how that happens, as for seiko leasing techy to citizen is waffle, seiko do make a solar powered watch though, i don't have one but i do have a few kinetics knocking about, one is my work watch which i bought back in 2000 and still going strong, the other two are a bit posh for work so kept for going out. i do like the look of the citizen range though, for a few hundred pounds i'd be happy with either make.

Steady there Fisherman Mike lol, I mean Rolex are decent watches for sure but your statements WAY off the mark lol.

I think in fairness to Citizen and Seiko they make very good watches for what they cost :) I prefer Seiko myself but guess most watches are down to personal prefference.

No..... I will stand by that statement...Rolex suisse mechanical movements are revered in the industry. :D

OK I will rephrase that...imo nothing comes close. ....nothing... well perhaps a le coultre :D

I have just got a citizen Eco drive day date radio controlled one dose all the time zone change thing. £400 and love it it's rearly nice. It's heavy they got a good grantee the battery is made from a titanium and something and will last almost six months with out seeing daylight that's impressive on its own. Rearly theo I'd love a tag heuer Cv2a11.Ba0796 but at 3k but after getting my citizen Eco drive I don't even look at tags now

No..... I will stand by that statement...Rolex suisse mechanical movements are revered in the industry. :D

OK I will rephrase that...imo nothing comes close. ....nothing... well perhaps a le coultre :D

i thought rolex didn't keep time all that well mike? i heard it on here in a previous thread so it must be true :lol:

Its called the James Bond factor... Daniel Craig did for Omega what Moore and Connery did for Rolex before him...If the next Bond movie star wears a Bulgari thats will no doubt become the best watch in the world....( Actually it is a pretty damn good movement)

Im a big fan of Oris watches and have got a couple...used to be able to buy them reasonably priced until the Williams F1 team adopted them.

my love of omega started a while before daniel craig,i was fascinated by the moon watch,and if i didnt like "diver type" chunky watches so much then the speedmaster would be next on the list.

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/speedmaster/professional-moonwatch