lack of knowledge throughout the shooting community

Tel Time

Your cut and paste, with quotes looks familiar.

You make a massive generalisation, based on comments from a few mates and then say that the posts back you up. :no: :no: :no:

When I see post such as yours, I do start to wonder if some people are real shooters at all or just antis - data harvesting. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

A little humility might further your case. :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and as a lot of people have confirmed by p.m and by phone it was a good point to bring up and the resulting childish and inadequate responses where as expected, but the question had to be asked and in the same context the answers had to be given, and sadly they proved beyond a reasonable doubt that my first comment was spot on.

Take the ****, have a laugh but at the end of the day its your loss.

Can you please explain to myself and probably other members of the forum, why it is a good point to bring up? Does it not just highlight the fact that you didn't even bother to check the legalities of your sport?

The forum is full of knowledge and an excellent resource for up and coming shooters. We are not all born with a super knowledge of the sports.

Your cut and paste, with quotes looks familiar.

You make a massive generalisation, based on comments from a few mates and then say that the posts back you up. :no: :no: :no:

When I see post such as yours, I do start to wonder if some people are real shooters at all or just antis - data harvesting. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

A little humility might further your case. :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

i was going to ask someone to vouch for me against that comment, but i'd rather not drag them down to that vile level

Can you please explain to myself and probably other members of the forum, why it is a good point to bring up? Does it not just highlight the fact that you didn't even bother to check the legalities of your sport?

The forum is full of knowledge and an excellent resource for up and coming shooters. We are not all born with a super knowledge of the sports.

point of fact, i did "bother" to check, i also "bothered" to read your post, did you read through everything on this post? and the one that got me to post that?

I agree that the forum is a good source of knowledge and an excellent resource for up and coming shooters, and the next bit is what worries me " We are not all born with a super knowledge of the sport", you get your gun, you can go shoot it, who tells you what you can and cannot do???

Thats why we recomend that people join one of the shooting organizatins that way you have accurate advice when you need it.

Bang on! but who would tell them that in the first place is what i am getting at,

anyway must go, got some rabbit shooting to do, catch up later?

and as a lot of people have confirmed by p.m and by phone it was a good point to bring up and the resulting childish and inadequate responses where as expected, but the question had to be asked and in the same context the answers had to be given, and sadly they proved beyond a reasonable doubt that my first comment was spot on.

What is the problem?Are you seriously suggesting that EVERY shooter knows EVERY piece of legislation pertinent to their chosen pursuit?Even the experts refer to text books etc at times.If someone is unsure about a certain aspect of their discipline,they ask;that's how we gather knowledge.I seriously don't understand what the problem is.

Some people,for example,are unsure if it's legal to shoot wildfowl in their county,on a Sunday;so they come on here and ask,or like me,rang their shooting organisation.Does that make them unknowledgeable?Not in my opinion.We're only human.

If the courts were full of shooters being prosecuted for violations of the Wildlife and Countryside Act,or whatever,I could understand it,but I don't think they are.Lighten up.

I agree that the forum is a good source of knowledge and an excellent resource for up and coming shooters, and the next bit is what worries me " We are not all born with a super knowledge of the sport", you get your gun, you can go shoot it, who tells you what you can and cannot do???

If the problem is so big, what are you doing to help? It's all well and good moaning about it on the internet but why not go out and try and make a difference?

The opening post is arrogant and antagonistic and immediately alienated me from anything else you had to say. Even If you've got good points to make, people are unlikely to listen if your opening gambit is to make insulting, sweeping generalisations about your fellow shooters.

I also can't square you berating us for not knowing the rules and regs with your own ignorance about selling geese??

Trolltastic :good:

My faith was restored by the subsequent **** taking in time honoured PW style. Right gotta go, my swan curry is ready.

Perhaps copies of the PMs and a list of the people who phoned might go some way to making you sound less of an oddball. Just why did the question need to be asked? Beats me.

i was going to ask someone to vouch for me against that comment, but i'd rather not drag them down to that vile level

Feel free to get all of them to vouch for you.

Vile? ??? Vile??? I know your grasp of the English language is not great - I am not having a grammatical pop - but you might want to check a dictionary. It makes you sound like a pantomime dame. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Gordon R

i want questions about deer stalking answered, anybody willing?

Just makes me sick that someone has gone in there and taken the deer that i have been managing for 5 years now,

gutted at the thought of the gold medal buck that looks like it has gone, words fail me...

So you've been managing Deer for 5yrs, & you've only got round to asking questions now...?... :rolleyes: