This video crops up from time to time. Obviously you'd need slug on your FAC certificate, and in a gun in good condition it's reasonably safe - though the pressures involved are huge. Not something I wish to do.

I think it originated from the old paper cartridges, which will have a lot more give in them that the plastic ones.

The same people also have a video seeing what they can force through a .410 with full choke before it exploded.

They kept putting in larger rounds until they reached the limit of I think a .454. Amazingly, even putting a .454 bullet through a bore with a diameter of .410 - and a full choke measuring .387 - the gun survived. Of course the bullets changed shape and won't have been very accurate, nor would I wish to be holding the gun while firing them, but it did it.

Lets just say it makes the cut shells look perfectly safe!

bet that wont work with a full choke ;)

Bet it would :yes:

i've seen it done to an old trap house, the trap house was made out of an old steel central heating tank, the 'round' entered one side leaving a 12 gauge size hole and left a large grey lead mark on the opposite wall !