Remington 1100/11-87

DaveyTed

Hi All

Can you knowledgeable folk tell me if the Remingtons have any cast to the stocks.

I ask because I have shot right handed action semis no problem off my left shoulder when they have cast shims and there seem to be a lot RH guns at lower prices. Also my dog naturally sits on my left and I don't want him showered with empties!

Also will the 1100s cycle 65/67mm cartridges?

Thanks in advance

Dave

I've got a Remi 1100. American guns don't have any cast at all.

Mine will cycle 65mms, but they have to be quite hefty (30g or bigger) and even then it's not 100% because they were designed originally to use 32s.

30g 65mms or 28g 70mms (at least for my gun) are the bare minimum if you don't want to be driven nuts with the ejector port catching the empty for you on the way out.

My 11-87 didn't have any cast,and as far as I remember I don't think you could add shims.Mine cycled Kent velocities all day long;think they were 32grm but don't recall the chamber length.

If you buy it,ensure there's a couple of O-rings spare.They don't split often,but if they do,or you lose it while cleaning ,you're scuppered.

Edited by Scully

My 1973 12g 1100 ,owned from near new , seems to cycle anything put through it...nowadays its 28g fibre and i am part way through my second thousand

of hull comp x , not a hiccup...also owned an 1187 12g until recently , also cycled anything including the comp x carts..

I believe its how you look after them.