YES first day of school

lxtav

My son is starting his first day at primary school today and I am staying up off my Nightshift to see him go. He is so excited I don't know where he gets the energy from. On the one hand its a sad day as he's growing up and is no longer a wee boy but on the other hand he will be at school all day and not running around constantly asking me and my wife questions. It does get annoying but am proud of his questioning nature and him wanting be outside all the time and learn about everything rather than play on an Xbox/Playstation all day.

When my son started full time, i could not believe the difference in him within 4 weeks, suddenly he was sleeping all night, listening to what i said, and was a far nicer boy. My daughter is starting full time in around a fortnight, must say i really hope the same happens to her (although i doubt it somehow!) However as others on here have said, i really do try to enjoy them both while they are children. The number of people who said "enjoy them now" was large and it included the stella swilling arm workers to the high flying accountant! So there must be something in what they are saying.......

Tight Lines & Enjoy

Aled

Sorry to say lads but it doesnt get any easier when they get a bit older either ,my lads due to go to Newcastle University in a few weeks and i dont mind admitting that i'm going to miss him something awful .Bleddy hell i can remember him starting senoir school like it was yesterday,where did the intervening 7 years go?

Like Scully said its over in the blink of an eye.

Edited by Jega

My son is starting his first day at primary school today and I am staying up off my Nightshift to see him go. He is so excited I don't know where he gets the energy from. On the one hand its a sad day as he's growing up and is no longer a wee boy but on the other hand he will be at school all day and not running around constantly asking me and my wife questions. It does get annoying but am proud of his questioning nature and him wanting be outside all the time and learn about everything rather than play on an Xbox/Playstation all day.

My twin Girls start In two weeks time,

My Girls are just like your lad. Always asking questions. Both love being outside.

They both been to a part time pre school so they sort of know what it is all about. Big thing for them is that they will not be together all day. At the pre school they were in the same class, They have always played with other kids but they have always been able to go and find the other one if they have wonted too. they will now not be able to do that. Some afternoon class will be done as a larger group. Both Girls are looking forward to going. But twin two dose keep telling people what she wont be with twin one. Twin two is the more feeling of the two. Still she has always made friends well so there should not be any problems. And Iv told both of them to find each other out at playtime just to check up on each other.

I really can not believe have fast the time has gone. They were born at 9 weeks early. 3lb3oz and 2lb8oz So tiny and small. they both spent weeks In hospital, Twin two had to stay 1 week longer than her sister. We use to go and visit her with her sister and bed them down together while we were there.

Now they charge about the house !

When my son started full time, i could not believe the difference in him within 4 weeks, suddenly he was sleeping all night, listening to what i said, and was a far nicer boy. My daughter is starting full time in around a fortnight, must say i really hope the same happens to her (although i doubt it somehow!) However as others on here have said, i really do try to enjoy them both while they are children. The number of people who said "enjoy them now" was large and it included the stella swilling arm workers to the high flying accountant! So there must be something in what they are saying.......

Tight Lines & Enjoy

Aled

True mate, Iv been told by everyone to enjoy as much as I can while they are young. And before boys start knocking at the door for them! Or do they phone/text.facebook now ? :hmm: Anyway it dose not matter how big or hard the block is. They all say the same about there kids, They wish they were little again, Then they start telling story's about when there kids were small, You can see the tear in there eye as they talk about there Kids.