Moderator for a 223??

baymarine

I should speak to Julian at JMS arms for advice. he does the MAE mods, these are the best i have used and recently purchased a T12 scout off him i can recomed it very highly but he will give you the ins and outs. They aint the dearest but they last being s/s with high spec coatings available they are not cheap either but value in mods comes over the lifespan

I had one made by jim baker, jim as started making The over barrel/reflex Marauder is lighter and smaller then the leading models of Sound Moderators, but still manages to give equal or better sound reduction performance.

I went to see him to test fired some and i must say the Sound reduction on my rifle(22-250) was ace , i had a T8 on my rifle but this new one offers a lot better sound reduction.

It is made of stainless steel and is a sealed unit consisting of a series of welded baffles forward of the muzzle, with a large rear expansion chamber that sits over the barrel its powder coating on the out side , but the best part it will not rust out , will not need cleaning and jim said the more i use it the quieter it will get.

Give him a ring

Jim Baker Tel: (Mobile) 07733 043823

http://www.jimbakerbulletsnguns.co.uk

We have a ASE Ultra moderator on out .223 Browning X-Bolt.

The moderator is light, compact, and moderates unbelivably well.

We have been told by a friend who also uses a .223 and the same ammo but with a wildcat, and our moderator is much better and quieter.

Deffinetely worth a look at and resonable at £230 from my local RFD

Roedale Delta Ultralight. Lightest on the market, strippable, can add/remove baffles. It genuinely doesn't make much difference at all to the handling. I've compared it to T8's, T4's, Wildcat and the difference in weight is astonishing. Suppression is also top notch.

http://www.roedale.de/epages/schalldaempfer_ultralight.htm

We have a ASE Ultra moderator on out .223 Browning X-Bolt.

The moderator is light, compact, and moderates unbelivably well.

We have been told by a friend who also uses a .223 and the same ammo but with a wildcat, and our moderator is much better and quieter.

Deffinetely worth a look at and resonable at £230 from my local RFD

I'll second that. A mate has just bought one for his .308. Don';t know what its like to live with long term, ease of cleaning etc, but its a very well made, compact and inoffensive looking unit and the sound moderation is superb.

I hate monster CF mods, they ruin the feel of a rifle, but I could live with the ASE.

• 6 months later...