Bloody Kids

Lord Geordie

Finished work, not one of my.best shifts! And got home thinking "thanks god for that"

Opened.the front door walked into the kitchen and bejeesus there was blood everywhere. I shouted Chris to.come down stairs and he had toilet roll wrapped around his hand. Apparently cooked himself a pizza and cut it with my santoku knife :oops:

bit of a mess so had to take him to Hospital. Took a while to be seen but they have cleaned him up and he now has 7 stitches in his hand.

Wouldn't care but we have a pizza cutter !!!

Oh well a few more hours of my life I wont get back :lol: :lol:

Edited by Lord Geordie

My Dad was always saying to my kids when they were very young,'Let's go outside for some fresh air'.

My son some time later scooped out of its bowl, his elder sisters Goldfish and took it outside for some 'fresh air', where he left it on the lawn.It was as stiff as a board when his Mam found it.I had to drive a 26 mile round trip to find a near enough identical one before his sister got home from school!She never even noticed.

Never mind Lord Geordie,no real harm done and lesson learned.Could have been worse. :good:

Ouch! I've found my scars have acted as a bit of a reminder what works and what doesn't as I've got older...

I wish I was like that, after gouging a chunk of my hand out a month ago with a screwdriver i did the same thing last week, probably should leave tools alone.

Kids tend to learn a bit better from cuts and he'll love showing off to his mates

A few years ago:

Get home from work - nobody home. Wife then appears with our son aged 6.

"where have you been?"

Wife: "A&E".

"why?"

Wife: "Son's cut his head"

"how did that happen?"

Son - "I walked up behind her and she hit me in the head with a garden spade!"

me to wife -"what were you doing?"

wife - "defrosting the freezer".

sometimes I should know better than to ask.

Farthers day last year my eldest son (8) was opening a farm gate whilst at my parents. He managed to get his fingers in the hinge end of it between the gate and the post - cut off the ends of 3 of his fingers. The nails and tips were dangling by the stringy bits.... :sick:

A trip in the air ambulance a night in hospital with 2 very worried parents and a few hours of plastic surgery later, they were back on. He now has full feeling....

The summer before my youngest son was in the sea when he screamed... I picked him up and the whole area around turned red with blood. He had managed to cut in the crease of his big toe, right to the bone. Again stringy bits on show! :sick:

Got it glued back up before mum got home! :good:

Needless to say, 2 young boys means a lot of stress.... But great fun!

My boys are 13 & 14 now and I'm still a regular at A&E. Lost 4 hours to the place last Sunday night after my youngest cut his hand spinning round on a lamp post. The council had left a no dog fouling sign with very sharp metal banding.

The injury will postpone the start to his rugby season so probably the next visit to A&E at the same time! :good:

A couple of years ago, I was trimming some moulding off the door frame and the stanley knife slipped and slashed me across the thumb, right on the joint. It didn't bleed to start with and being brave I asked my Mrs to come and have a look at it. I looked away as I pulled the paper towel off it, hoping she would say "Oh, that's nothing.", but she nearly threw up and said "Oh God, I can see the bone through it." :sick:

I thought people were supposed to calm you down in such situations.

5 stitches and 3 months for it to heal so i could bend it properly. That'll teach her to get me to do DIY.

eldest grandson showing off down the BMX track balenced on top of a ramp ,then he wasnt SPLATT at the bottom of the ramp unconcious head swollen like a mellon cuts,bruises black eye .ambulance called police the whole 9 yards cos no one saw the donkey do it and they thought hed been attacked .mind you landing on his head he missed his brain by 4 feet :no:

When i was 16,i opened a can of corned beef to make a sandwich and try as i might the damn lid just wouldnt come off the actual meat.So in my infinite wisdom i decided to grip the lid and yank it.Needless to say it slid into my thumb down to the bone effortlessly and bled like a horror movie.

So what did i do next? Wrapped a cloth round my thumb,got onto my Suzuki TS50X (remember them!?) and went round a friends house like nothing was wrong.His parents were horrified with my bodge job and drove me to hospital where it was stitched.

Im staring at the scar now...26 years later.

It's saws in our family.....

Me - ran a brand new jet cut saw across my left thumb last joint, right down to the gristly bits.

Dad - two arguments with circular saws, first the tip of his right thumb, a mere 7 stitches, second most of his fingers on his left hand, severing his middle finger save for the tendon on the back, 40+ stitches and a wire from the tip to his knuckles and he got to keep it. Only prob is that it doesn't bend much so he frequently appears to be giving people the one fingered salute!