Fingers Crossed

Daks

Just applied for my shotgun certificate...

Was honest and straight with my application, I have a speeding offence - 3 points and an underactive thyroid gland, I shouldn't think the medical condition would effect my application, at least I hope it wont, anyways I'll be sure and keep you all posted on the outcome.

Peace.

Just applied for my shotgun certificate...

Was honest and straight with my application, I have a speeding offence - 3 points and an underactive thyroid gland, I shouldn't think the medical condition would effect my application, at least I hope it wont, anyways I'll be sure and keep you all posted on the outcome.

Peace.

The only time I have seen someone in trouble for past offences was when they failed to declare an assault (on a police officer) that had happened about 15 years before. AFAIK, the prosecution for a false declaration is still ongoing.

Another person I know had a GBH at the age of 19. Has kept on the straight and narrow since then, and recently got his first FAC (age 30)

• 2 months later...

Ok so I have my interview tomorrow at 10 am - when I spoke to the guy at met firearms he said he would also like a signed testimonial letter from somone I have shot with which i have ready.

How long can I expect it to take if approved before my cert arrives, it would make a super xmas pressie.

Cheers...

Ok so I have my interview tomorrow at 10 am - when I spoke to the guy at met firearms he said he would also like a signed testimonial letter from somone I have shot with which i have ready.

How long can I expect it to take if approved before my cert arrives, it would make a super xmas pressie.

Cheers...

You will be fine, but there is absolutely no need for you to produce a testimonial from another shooter when you apply for a shotgun certificate.

Edited by blackbird

Had my interview today, it went well the guy was very down to earth and seemed comfortable with me, he was here for about half hour and had a cup of tea. He said he didn't see a problem and that I could expect my cert in a cpl of weeks.

He was happy with my cabinet but suggested I mastic around the outside of it, as for the testimonial letter I produced it because he requested one, but it wasn't a problem for me.

I'll keep you posted and let you all know when and if it arrives,

Cheers...

Had my interview today, it went well the guy was very down to earth and seemed comfortable with me, he was here for about half hour and had a cup of tea. He said he didn't see a problem and that I could expect my cert in a cpl of weeks.

He was happy with my cabinet but suggested I mastic around the outside of it, as for the testimonial letter I produced it because he requested one, but it wasn't a problem for me.

I'll keep you posted and let you all know when and if it arrives,

Cheers...

Ok, looks like things are going ok, but what is that about?

Ok, looks like things are going ok, but what is that about?

When I called him to arrange the visit he requested I produce a testimonial letter from someone who I had been on a shoot with, I got the impression it was standard proceedure or maybe just a personal extra he wanted to see. Either way I didn't question it I just produced what he requested, as such it seems thing are moving in the right direction.

Cheers fellas, can't wait to get out there and enjoy the sport.

Not having a pop at you anyway at all Danks, but it's another FLO making his own rules up on new applications.

I understand, as I'm new it wasn't until posting here I realised this is in fact a personal rule or on the spot request from the FLO as you said. Either way I complied and by the looks of it should be issued with my cert shortly, which I'm looking forward to.

• 1 month later...