GM3 special

Hi Dipper, whats the min load, and what powder grain would you go with.

I have 2kg to use up, so would not mind going to a 32g lead

Thanks Marcus

Used it with 32g myself its not been available for years i will try and find some data.I will get back to you if i can find it.

Well all the claygame data I have suggests 24-32gram in 12g and up to 28gram in 20g, as does this http://www.nobelspor...48&FamigliaID=0 . Are you sure you're not thinking of another powder?

Hi Sitsinhedges Just found old catalogue 3rd edition 1992 clay game with load for gm3 special.win cap uniwad 1 5/8 oz 29gr powder 3,, case . Also shows chart for burning speeds of different powders gm3 special comes under slow burning powder magnum loads. standard gm3 was replaced with gm3 bd standing for black dot which comes under medium burn 1 1/8 1 1/4 Dipper.

As far as I am aware Peter Lawman is the sole supplier in Northampton.

I USE IT FOR .44SP AND 45ACP IF HE HAS ANY HE SHOULD ALSO HAVE LOAD DATA SHEETS ! JUST MAY HELP YOU OUT

I USE BLUE DOT FOR ALL MY WILDFOWL LOADING AND ITS IN MOST GUN SHOPS FOR RELOADING. PRE PISTOL BAN YOU COULD BUY IT IN 4POUND TUBS FOR AROUD £28. CHEAP BUT GOOD FOR PRACTICAL PISTOL RACE GUNS.

HOPE YOU FIND SOME

PAUL

ESSEX

Edited by peeshooter

Definately a different powder as previously mentioned slow burning slightly more progressive than Nobel 82. Produced by SNIA before they were taken over by Vectan I believe. The square tin is Yellow and black with a cartridge shaped sticker with special in the middle.

This powder dates from the late 70's / early 80's and on. In 1980 it was being advertised for £8.58 per Kilo, And yes you did read it properly.

I have some data on it using cci 109 and /or winchester 209 primers from 11/8 up to 17/8. mostly using snia gt wads. I may be able to get you some of these I shall ask.

I also have some 20 bore loadings for 3/4 and 7/8 with fibre wad if any use.

Edited by Tad-blody

Guest cookoff013

Hi, i tried the data with good results today. it toot out a magpie with good effect 27 grains powder and 36g lead.

the only thing i found was quite a bit of unburnt powder left in the barrel, so i am going to try 25grain powder to 32g lead.

if 27 grain and 36gram load wasnt clean, the 25 grain and 32g load is going to be even worse. what was the data you got? did it come with a pressure? thats the key to clean loads

• 4 years later...

GM3 was never a powder that loaded more than 33 grams; never mind 36 It was always the choice of the clay shooter as gave decent pressure/speed and was really cheap

Even Fiocchi in their Nova Bior only used it up to 33 grams

if you have a batch dated 2014 or earlier you won't even be able to load 33 gr; batches from 06/2014 to date are back and even a tad slower:

Proof test 2013: 12/70/16 CX2000 1,45 x 31.5 Gualandi V0 25 star crimped at 58mm -

PMax: 769, 758, 775, 728

V0,75: 383, 384, 386, 373

I wouldn't want to know what happens if you add 4 more grams of lead....obviously the dirty barrel is proof of the load being overwhelming for the powder.

Proof Test 2015: 12/70/16 CX2000 1,45 x 31.5 Gualandi SG 25 star crimped at 58mm

PMax: 628, 669, 648

V0,75: 393, 394, 392

Much better but still not suitable for 36 grams

If you want 36 go tecna, 800X, blue dot, A0 ... but deffo no GM3

Here the crude reality, story tellers and wizards (and there are few) will tell you you can load up to 40 gr as they did so LOL

cheers,