farmer shot at thieves van

DSPUK

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

End of the day we hold guns for sport and hunting not self defence, it will end up looking like all legal owners are prepared to use them for this reason and giving the government more excuse to ban them.

He fired because he absolutely had to. When there is a sudden and urgent need for self defence we need to use whatever tools we have to hand. In this case, he happened to have a shotgun over his shoulder.

Its just fortunate he happened to have a shotgun over his shoulder and not locked in a gun cabinet as his license requires. PS I am glad no one was injured.

End of the day we hold guns for sport and hunting not self defence, it will end up looking like all legal owners are prepared to use them for this reason and giving the government more excuse to ban them.

He fired because he absolutely had to. When there is a sudden and urgent need for self defence we need to use whatever tools we have to hand. In this case, he happened to have a shotgun over his shoulder.

Its just fortunate he happened to have a shotgun over his shoulder and not locked in a gun cabinet as his license requires. PS I am glad no one was injured.

Bill nearly always has a shotgun over his shoulder for pest control, or in the tractor cab, when he is on his land. I'm just glad that they went there when they did, if they had gone half an hour later it would have been dark and the gun would have been locked up in the cabinet.

As for being forced to use the gun in self defence, it would have been better if he had been in the loader tractor with the big spike on the front, but he wasn't and had to use the tool that he did have

Bill nearly always has a shotgun over his shoulder for pest control, or in the tractor cab, when he is on his land. I'm just glad that they went there when they did, if they had gone half an hour later it would have been dark and the gun would have been locked up in the cabinet.

As for being forced to use the gun in self defence, it would have been better if he had been in the loader tractor with the big spike on the front, but he wasn't and had to use the tool that he did have

I think that in a case of self defence you can use what ever comes to hand. If that happens to be a shotgun fair enough. As in a resent case Quote A farmer who shot and injured a man he believed to be a burglar walked free from court yesterday. In that case the offenders were shot and injured. PS. I hope it all works out OK.

Edited by ordnance

Gary ,

It may be prudent to ask the mods to close this thread , its a public forum and any information posted may be of use to someone who has an axe to grind ( from any direction)

Best regards ( fellow TP member )

Well, that's up to the mods, personally I'm not bothered.

If the police read it they may learn something. It's high time that they did what they are paid to do, re-interview Bill and pass the file to the CPS. and it's high time that the CPS make a decision so that we all know where we stand.

I have absolutely no problem with individual police officers, but their organisation is chaotic and hopelessly inefficient, they really ought to get their act together.

If the scum who attacked Louisa & Bill read it, so what? I'm sure that they already know where to find us if they want to.

Well, that's up to the mods, personally I'm not bothered.

If the police read it they may learn something. It's high time that they did what they are paid to do, re-interview Bill and pass the file to the CPS. and it's high time that the CPS make a decision so that we all know where we stand.

I have absolutely no problem with individual police officers, but their organisation is chaotic and hopelessly inefficient, they really ought to get their act together.

If the scum who attacked Louisa & Bill read it, so what? I'm sure that they already know where to find us if they want to.

Fair enough Gary

Best Regards

I'm afraid Zulu is right, let's re-open this discussion when the full facts about the incident from both sides have been heard, and a conclusion has been reached. Whilst hearing one side of the story makes it seem clear-cut, there is little to be gained from continuing speculation beyond this point, and until we know if the case is dropped or the result of any apparent trial.